Replacement (temporary) charger & mount

Gabolinche

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 V3, Mobius A-Lens, Powerucc Panorama II (RIP)
I believe part of this has already been mentioned in other threads, specially in the main thread that is already at 30-something pages, so I decided to ask the question separately so it would be easy to find the information later:

Has anyone bought a replacement charger & mount for the PanoramaII?
If so, which ones did you get?

Recently I had to take my car to the body shop for a couple of weeks and my insurance got me a rental for the time being. My PanoramaII is hardwired in my car with hidden wires everywhere so uninstalling it was out of the question. I wanted to just unplug it (it's held in place by detachable fasteners) and use it in the rental car but I had no suction cup mount (for the temporary mounting) and no extra charger.

I believe this mount is good enough for the scenario (temporary mounting in a rental/borrowed car):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000U0S304
And I found this charger (12V, 1A, 3.5x1.35mm plug):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/301043778475
I have no doubt about the mount, but I'm still fuzzy about the charger. I think it has the correct plug based on an earlier post by @Conumdrum:
I found a couple of 1m cables with the correct end on ebay, "DC Power Jack 3.5x1.35mm Female to Male Plug Cable".

But the original charger has no markings on it so I don't know its specs. I know it's 12V but I don't know how much amperage is required by the PanoramaII. I think 1A should be enough but can anyone confirm?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't need a spare charger right now, but I'm curious about this too in case I ever need one. What about something like this with interchangeable plugs? It might come in handy for other things too since you can change plugs and even change the voltage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/360768230462
I couldn't find anything similar on amazon.

What about something like this with interchangeable plugs?
That looks like a good option. It includes the 3.5x1.35mm connector and outputs up to 1.2A which I think should be enough for the PanoramaII. We still haven't heard from anyone who can confirm the Panorama's current draw.

Panorama power part 12v-24v
Fuse recommand to use 2a.

Panorama power part 12v-24v
Fuse recommand to use 2a.

Thank you. If they recommend a 2A fuse then that means the Panorama draws less than 2A... But we still don't know the minimum which I'm guessing should be somewhere between 0.5A and 1.5A.

Thank you. If they recommend a 2A fuse then that means the Panorama draws less than 2A... But we still don't know the minimum which I'm guessing should be somewhere between 0.5A and 1.5A.

actually what you found is not a charger, it's just a plug, poor description from the seller (it's what you needed anyway), it would just be nominally rated at 1.2A, it would be fine for what you want

The original power cable has F3AL250V fuse installed - 3A.

Back