RESOLVED! Replacing a Version 1 A119

Skeezix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119
In 2017 I bought an A119 V1 and except for the super-intensive over-sharpening of the images, I've been pretty happy with it.

Well, last night it finally died. I think the caps went bad, or maybe the internal battery? I don't know. If the caps or the internal battery are bad, I could order some and replace them myself.

Or I could simply replace it with a new V2 that I received a couple years ago but I'd have to change the mount. I could also buy a new V3 but I don't know if the sharpening has been reduced on that model or its mount differs from that of the V2. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd rather not buy a V3 unless the sharpening has been reduced to a more reasonable level.

Thank you for the link. I looked at your video and to me, the amount of sharpness is the same as the sharpness of the videos taken by my A119 V1. Probably unnoticeable to the average viewer, but far too sharp for my taste.

Probably unnoticeable to the average viewer, but far too sharp for my taste.
There is a firmware MOD from BC Hobbyist , you can choose any option for yourself.

FIXED! Troubleshooting my apparently dead A119 involved removing the SDHC. After I reinserted, the A119 sprung back to life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Skeezix A119 3
A A119 13
Back