Replacing Li-Po battery 3.7V 300mAh, 450mAh Tiesfong B40 / A118 / AE-CC30

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Tiesfong B40 / A118 / AE-CC30 uses 300mAh 3.7V Li-Po battery Model: FT402535P 402535P 402535

Tiesfong B40 Battery.jpg

I have also tested bigger capacity battery and it fits inside: 3.7V 450mAh Li-Po. Model :403040.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

Tiesfong B40 / A118 / AE-CC30 battery Model 402535 has 3-wire chip. When you replacing to other battery which has 2 wire chip, you need to replace it by using a 3-wire chip from old battery and solder it to a new battery.

b4.jpg

Last edited:
Where in the UK can you buy batteries from Niko. The transport and delivery seems to be a problem with batteries.

Where in the UK can you buy batteries from Niko. The transport and delivery seems to be a problem with batteries.

Not sure where or who sells such batteries in UK. I bought bunch of replacement batteries from China.

Thanks for this new thread about A118 ;)

Is the battery solederd to MB or is there a connector ?

I plan to open the case, and place the battery outside to avoid overheating in my non-rear-air-conditioned car ;)

can mod supercap for 24/7 use ??

Thanks for this new thread about A118 ;)

Is the battery solederd to MB or is there a connector ?

I plan to open the case, and place the battery outside to avoid overheating in my non-rear-air-conditioned car ;)

Battery wires soldered to pcb.

PanoS front, now Need rear cam, this, 0803 or mobius B supercap

I am wondering if two like batteries can be piggy backed together?

a bigger battery would just be a bigger problem, ideally we don't want batteries in the window at all, it's only there for file save and shutdown purposes which doesn't need much capacity at all

Hi all !

I have to replace the battery of my first and now old A118.

May I use a battery with only 2 wires or should I use 3 wires ?

What will happen if I don't re-use the old 3 wire chip ?

I do not want to do this, because it's for my wife's car and sometimes she does not start immediately the motor after turning the key to "ACC". So, a capacitor dashcam turns off when starting motor.

i would move the board/chip from the old battery to the new battery. it's there to prevent over/under-charge of the bare lipo cell. cheap insurance.

I've got a 25C 380mAh battery from a drone.
I would like to use it with the A118.
But I guess there is already a chip mounted into this battery.

Is there an issue if I solder the old A118 chip on this battery inclunding already another chip, like shown on the picture ?

Attachments

• IMG_6137 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6137 (Small).JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6138 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6138 (Small).JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 27
Back