Replacing Lukas 9700 with what? Recommendations please.

Sundancer268

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Lukas 9700 which is ok, I cannot read license plates no mater what I do and I do not like that the Lukas Viewer is not a portable app. There are so many other things I do like about the camera such as large display, Speed display on screen in large numbers, dual channel etc that I am looking for something similar to install in my other car and I am leaning to another Lukas. If Street Guardian had a true dual channel I would probably go with them but I do not want to wait until Christmas for this camera. Should I go with the Lukas 9750 or one of the QVIA models. I really wanted to try the Zoom model but it will not work on the near Vertical Windshield in my Motor home which I transfer the car cam to when I am towing the car on Vacation Trips. Any suggestions on what to get? Looking to Purchase September/October time frame. Thanks, Ed

one of the QVIA models. I really wanted to try the Zoom model but it will not work on the near Vertical Windshield in my Motor home which I transfer the car cam to when I am towing the car on Vacation Trips.

You can add some sort of DIY "attachment" to your vertical screen, so you can use QVIA zoom option.

I have thought of that but I cannot think of how I would go about it. Any suggestions to get me started would be great. I would have to remove the current Lukas Mount I use for the LK-9700 and then remount it some how to get the clearance.

The remount has me stumped, It has to be strong as the camera is mounted over three foot above the dash and shimming it out will add some leverage to the mounting bracket and I am not sure what I would trust to hold the adapter to the windshield. I have several feet of 1/4" Plexiglass I thought of using for shims but every joint adds to a potential failure point and it scares me. Thanks, Ed

Back