Replacing Mini 0906 (A129 Duo perhaps?)

MedicalFlyer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius C Lens, Mini 0906, SG9663DC Pro, A229 Plus
I am at the point with the 0906 where I really don't want it any more. I've never liked how the front unit mounts as I feel it stands out and doesn't have much room behind the mirror. And the unique way in which it does whatever it wants when it wants. It's dropped recordings of entire journeys and despite the firmware updates still doesn't seem all that reliable.

I was tempted by the Street Guardian DC unit until they announced the forthcoming DR which sounds much better in terms of clean installs.
However, while I can see here that they put a whole lot of effort in to supporting their customers (they made a change to the DC based on a unique issue two people had) I suspect the price will be close to £300 when it comes along.

I have about £100 saved up on Amazon in readiness and imagine I can sell the 0906 for a reasonable amount.

I spotted the A129 Duo on there today with an offer for £10 off the £136 price (expires on the 7th) with the CPL and was wondering if anyone would recommend it over the 0906. The Street Guardian DC is still about £259 so the DR will be higher I imagine.
I'm not worried about parking mode features just a clean install and reliability.

DR pricing should be similar to DC
I hope so. It's just becoming a concern that the 0906 may not record something when I need it. And the DR release has slipped a few times (for good reason though). I can't really afford to change it too often so I'd like to invest in a long lasting unit.

it was delayed as we had an issue with the DC which needed to be resolved so we had to stop while that was sorted, we lost about a month doing that, we're just finalising some stuff now, it has passed all it's tests for EMC etc and we'll be doing some beta test units for field testing so we can get the firmware tested, for the most part the firmware is similar to DC but there are a couple of extras we need to check, if that's all good then we'll be doing a trial production hopefully before the end of the year

I've seen the A129 will be around £113 (GPS without CPL) on Viofo's aliexpress store for their 11.11 SALE. There's also the possibility of a bit more off with vouchers.

But then by the time that arrives the DR should be close to release which based on the support here alone makes me want to hold out for that.

Back