Replacing old knockoff cam. Looking for specific features.

Daffypuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a knockoff of the model 27 cam about 2 years ago or so. It still works, but has numerous issues aside from the poor PQ. 2 or 3 years ago, the market was fairly bleak compared to today. What I want is a cam that will show my speed and the date. An internal battery is not needed. I do a lot of night driving, so night PQ must be decent. It doesn't have to be 1080p, 720p will do. Preferably under $200 and have a suction cup mount. Also a pulldown screen as well. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

around $200 there are a couple of models worth looking at further, pulldown screen doesn't really happen much these days though, @Pier28 has a few models that might suit
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/dashcams.html

spytec have the 0806 which seems to be their only GPS model at the moment, still has a few niggles though so might be better to avoid until such time as it's confirmed as sorted, not sure if they have any other GPS enabled models in the pipeline http://www.spytecinc.com/

None of the good dashcams have a pull down screen, at least not the ones i focus on.

But you need to hookup with pier28, he will get you kitted out, and he will only be 1 step avay with support and updates.

I have a sneaky feeling he will offer up the new X1 / SGZC12RC ( no GPS yet ), or the SG9665GC, both is high end cameras and will start right up recording when you get back to your car after having been hinking around death wally all day.

Thanks for the quick replies. That is the other thing I forgot to mention. The Model-27 knockoff I have would start recording as soon as I turned the igniion on and stop when off.

Yeah thats standart, a good dashcam is set and forget untill the day you have had a fender bender and need the footage.

EDIT: damm too slow again.

I figured as much. Just being thorough:) Ive sent a message to Pier28

Thanks for yalls help. I went with the PANORAMA G (GPS) STREET GUARDIAN SGZC12SG for my work vehicle. I need one with a suction cup for ease of removal seeing that I drive a different vehicle everyday at work. I think Im gonna go with the SG9665GC for my personal vehicle.

Nice Daffy :) Be safe out there.

Back