replay software stutter

bigj2552

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
nextbase 412gw
Viewing files on nextbase software in HI - playback stutters...
View same files in LO, plays no bother in nextbase software WHY ?

Just to add, ALL files play fine in VLC player without any bother, so not codec problem
or machine problem either

Any ideas guys ?
Just bought my 412gw today ;)

edit..now it doing it with LO files as well...wth ?
Have added in k-lite codec pack.....they play great with vlc player, why not with nextbase actual software ??

Last edited:
Nextbase know of a similar problem with the Edit function, have fixed it and it's in testing.

Also, If you have VLC you shouldn't need K-Lite.

Another thing to watch is that after you install the K-Lite codec pack check for unwanted PUP's as it installs other unwanted stuff on the fly. A Malwarebytes scan should help find any.

Last edited:
Hi @bigj2552

This stutter can be caused by the computer struggling to play the high resolution files.

What processor do you have? Can you copy the line of text from your system page?

hi - quad core amd system with 16 g ddr3 ram....hi res files all play fine in vlc or window media player, which means it the actual nextbase software thats the problem here ;(

when is next update for it please ??

Yes it's the software but only due to the fact it requires a large amount of processing power and a good graphics card to play the Quad HD files and metadata info-graphics.

We're trailing something to see if the program can be used with lower spec machines but this isn't available at the moment.

hi tiffany...
just done another trial ;)....only using 1080p....the last, or first vids i done were 1080p @ 60fps...
they were the ones that stuttered in the nextbase software......ordinary 1080p files play no bother at all in nextbase software...

Very odd because my 1080@60 and 1440@30 play perfectly OK in Replay (apart from the sensor and map issue).

TBH, and somewhat unexpected, I found the smoothest and clearest player for these H264 .MOV files is the latest Firefox Quantum Browser, right click > open with. Even better than VLC for me.

VLC has a habit, for me, of turning the lower grey tarmac into what I can best describe as pixelating.

If you have a Dropbox account then you could put a whole file on there for someone else to download and run as a test. I'd happily do it.
I'm assuming this is a neat file and not one that has been 'edited' in Replay to shorten it ?

Very odd because my 1080@60 and 1440@30 play perfectly OK in Replay (apart from the sensor and map issue).

TBH, and somewhat unexpected, I found the smoothest and clearest player for these H264 .MOV files is the latest Firefox Quantum Browser, right click > open with. Even better that VLC for me.

VLC has a habit, for me, of turning the lower grey tarmac into what I can best describe as pixelating.

was thinking more about editing for youtube....1440 is gonna be a pita to edit and render i would have thought...
using the nextbase software for splicing all vids together would be not a chance...cpu over load !! - sits at 100% the now with 1080p

yet i can use windows movie maker and it half the cpu power....real odd !

still it all about trial n error

Nextbase know of a similar problem with the Edit function, have fixed it and it's in testing.

Also, If you have VLC you shouldn't need K-Lite.

Another thing to watch is that after you install the K-Lite codec pack check for unwanted PUP's as it installs other unwanted stuff on the fly. A Malwarebytes scan should help find any.
I have the same problem playing back video files using Replay 3, I'm using a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro which has no problems with high resolution video editing, the files play back perfectly using VLC but not with Replay 3...... :-(

I too am frustrated with the stutter/jerks in video playback clips.. I think Nextbase Replay 3 is a brilliant programme however all my Viofo A119S v2 clips stutter on playback through this programme.. They play seemlessly on VLC or Windows Media player and Registrator Viewer but although it will play on Nextbase Replay 3 there is obviously some fault or bug in the software.. PLEASE can the developers rectify this problem; shame, as said it`s one of the best dashcam viewer programmes in my opinion....

I too am frustrated with the stutter/jerks in video playback clips.. I think Nextbase Replay 3 is a brilliant programme however all my Viofo A119S v2 clips stutter on playback through this programme.. They play seemlessly on VLC or Windows Media player and Registrator Viewer but although it will play on Nextbase Replay 3 there is obviously some fault or bug in the software.. PLEASE can the developers rectify this problem; shame, as said it`s one of the best dashcam viewer programmes in my opinion....
I was told my MacBook Pro was underpowered to run this software - which is quite frankly rubbish - I run much more powerful video editing software on my Mac and it never skips a heartbeat ....
Please sort out your coding - you have a loyal bunch of users but all we ask is that we have software that works

Did we ascertain whether the video clips are via the dashcam (USB) or downloaded to the PC.

In my case I transfer the clips from the SD card to my computers HDD before trying to play them

That's the only way really.

I've tried all manner of software/programs to play mine and the best for me is the latest Firefox browser. It just works, smoothly and flawlessly and defaults to full screen.

OK, there's no geo or map but that doesn't bother me.

That's the only way really.

I've tried all manner of software/programs to play mine and the best for me is the latest Firefox browser. It just works, smoothly and flawlessly and defaults to full screen.

OK, there's no geo or map but that doesn't bother me.
Ok I’ll give Firefox a go ;-)

I play my clips directly from the dash cam SD card via a card reader in my PC...are jameswhat and Kremmen recommending me to transfer the SD card clips firstly to my PC hard drive and then to try playing them through the Nextbase Replay 3 software player for a smoother playback? thanks all.....

I play my clips directly from the dash cam SD card via a card reader in my PC...are jameswhat and Kremmen recommending me to transfer the SD card clips firstly to my PC hard drive and then to try playing them through the Nextbase Replay 3 software player for a smoother playback? thanks all.....
I’m afraid that transferring them to HDD before playback doesn’t fix the stuttering problem with Replay 3 - I’m afraid that it’s a replay 3 issue despite what nextbase say :-(

I’m afraid that transferring them to HDD before playback doesn’t fix the stuttering problem with Replay 3 - I’m afraid that it’s a replay 3 issue despite what nextbase say :-(

My MacBook Pro has a solid state HDD - and a powerful processor so I’m afraid the comments about it being a PC/Mac processor power issue are unfounded

I Feel I need to chip in here as well and say that the footage from my 612 also suffers from this stutter problem in Replay 3 when used on my MacBook Pro 15" Retina. My preferred option is to use Dashcam Viewer which has no problem replaying the 4k footage whilst showing the embedded GPS info. I have tried transferring the files to the Mac's SSD, but it still stutters in Replay 3.

All my footage, plus full 612GW 4K footage I've been sent for checking, plays perfectly via Replay, VLC and the Firefox browser.

The difference with my PC, apart from it being Windows, is that it has a dedicated powerful graphics card that Laptops don't have.

Back