Replaying Recordings

Wgg1848

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the F800 Pro with front and rear cameras.
I had an incident and reviewed the footage. The most important bit that was required was 'lost' as the footage moved from one segment of the recording to the next.
I note some threads refer to 'continuous' recording.
How do you achieve this function? On looking at the recorded files on my computer each segment or file lasts about a minute before apparently stopping and changing to a new segment. There is no overlap and so vital 'sections' are lost

In the old days dashcams used to have a 1 second overlap in between the segments, but newer cameras don't need this.
I am confused as to why your F800 would have missed something, are you sure the missing bit are not in the event / read only folder ?

Hi kamkar1
Thank you for your suggestion and your time to reply.
Having looked in the event folder it is there. I was driving up a country lane with a few potholes and having bounced into one these it triggered an event.
I did not realise that this folder was there.
Many thanks

If you turn off G sensor your camera will just record all the time, so no little snippets should be "lost".
But if you are also using parking guard i think you have to have that stuff on, unless you can select on/off for the 2 individual modes, my old lukas dashcam could do that, so i could have G sensor off for driving, but in parking mode it would still work.

Back