[REQ] Yi Hack Script "Recording Video & Timelaps Pics"

marekaq

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello, I made this post because in other one we are talking about a "Resolution Hack"

My question is:
Is possibile during video recording shots a pics at the same time, like on GoPro cam?
Video+Photo 0,5sec

actually it's possible to do this manually.. just press the shutter button when you are recording a video.
with script, i don't know..

If you are recording a video and press the shutter, recording stops

ohh sorry my bad. i thought it works like my smartphone... xDDD

Actually you can do this manually.. Set the resolution to 1080p 30fps (60fps dont work) and record the video as usual, if you want to snap a picture while recording, use the MODE button at the front of Yi. Didn't test any other resolution though, but it should work.

Last edited:
Actually you can do this manually.. Set the resolution to 1080p 30fps (60fps dont work) and record the video as usual, if you want to snap a picture while recording, use the MODE button at the front of Yi. Didn't test any other resolution though, but it should work.
It works perfecly like a screen captured at hacked resolution 2304x1296 35Mbits, but the pics are only in 1920x1080.

So I'm sure that we can use the script for:

1. Change the captured resolution (4608x3456x24b)

2. Create a command for automatic menu buttom shot

or not?

so it IS possible anyway. that's why i got some random photos while recording. but i didn't know how they came along.

We can take photos while are recording... Press ON button as shutter and "voila"... but i don't know if its a photo or a screenshot from video...

We can take photos while are recording... Press ON button as shutter and "voila"... but i don't know if its a photo or a screenshot from video...

which you are getting I don't know but the chipset can support taking a photo while recording video

While recording video you can use app to take photos, same resolution as video. Like a screen shot.
But if you want pic/0.5sec, I suggest you to dump those from video with PC software, for example: pot player.

I want pics at 16Mpx NOT screenshots at 1080 pts

So I'm sure that we can use the script for:

1. Change the captured resolution (4608x3456x24b)

2. Create a command for automatic menu buttom shot

or not?
not.
maximum for video xiaomi yi is 2304x1296 30fps (initial resolution) , and maximum photo in video mode =>2304x1296 How it do with script i dont know , but it possible im sure.
In gopro initial resolution for 1080 30 is 8Mp (4096x2160 17:9 /3840x2160 16:9 )=> photo in video mode 8Mp 3840x2160

Last edited:
not.
maximum for video xiaomi yi is 2304x1296 30fps (initial resolution) , and maximum photo in video mode =>2304x1296 How it do with script i dont know , but it possible im sure.
In gopro initial resolution for 1080 30 is 8Mp (4096x2160 17:9 /3840x2160 16:9 )=> photo in video mode 8Mp 3840x2160
You are right, I've checked my old pics from GoPro, the resolution of pics (time lapse) is 3920 x 2160

So the question now is, how to do the script for automatic shooting in video mode

I just want to know, in what kind of situation, you need both video & photo/0.5s at the same time.

I just want to know, in what kind of situation, you need both video & photo/0.5s at the same time.
lets say jumping with a snowboard and then while editing you put movie ---> pause at picture --> continu --> pause again
or something like that...

Back