• Total voters

Skanob

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo Plus, Mini 0906+Rear. 128GB Sandisk MAX Endur
Hi all,

I have been lurking the forums, and been using its vast information prior to purchasing my dashcams (mini0906+Rear and Viofo A129 Duo Plus). Thank you all.

I am hoping that someone could pass this on to VIOFO as a feature request:

Automatic Switch Lapse Parking Mode

As the owner's manual implies:
Auto Switch Lapse
- the camera will record low frame 720p 2fps lapse video while parking, but if there is motion detected it will auto switch to 720p 30fps for 15seconds recording, then auto switch back to 720 2fps lapse video after image still. Please notice there will be videos gap between the resolution switching.

This is a feature that was added to the mini0906 a while back. I currently have this turned on.

Or someone might be able extract the algorithm from this firmware, and mod it to ours:
www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20190828.zip

Atleast a feature that is something similar to this extent, to compensate for the lack of buffer mode parking.

What I would like to see is to have an auto switch from low bitrate to high bitrate parking mode, again based on motion detection, if it is even possible.

Edit: I have used Viofo's contact us link but could not get it to submit, I have tried multiple times.

Last edited:
To clarify the request somewhat for Viofo:

Atleast a feature that is something similar to this extent, to compensate for the lack of buffer mode parking.
It should have buffered parking mode, if you could get buffered parking mode working, would you still want your "Auto Switch Lapse"?

My concern is that it will almost certainly leave a gap in the recording while switching modes, quite likely just when you want to see the action! Also the name "Auto Switch Lapse" seems like really bad English!

What I would like to see is to have an auto switch from low bitrate to high bitrate parking mode, again based on motion detection, if it is even possible.
The bitrate should increase a bit when it sees action, not sure how well this currently works on the A129 Plus, but it seems very effective on the A139, so might be improved on the A129 Plus next major firmware update. The quality of the low bitrate image seems pretty good anyway except when there is a sustained lot of movement in the image.

To clarify the request somewhat for Viofo:

It should have buffered parking mode, if you could get buffered parking mode working, would you still want your "Auto Switch Lapse"?
Most definitely buffer mode, this is if they wouldn't be able to have buffered parking mode, or will take more time to fix than this.

My concern is that it will almost certainly leave a gap in the recording while switching modes, quite likely just when you want to see the action!
I guess it depends on how quickly it can do it, hopefully quick. I hope my aforementioned low bitrate to high bitrate switch, is faster...?

Also the name "Auto Switch Lapse" seems like really bad English!
It actually is, I guess they can only choose so much character length into English translation.

The bitrate should increase a bit when it sees action, not sure how well this currently works on the A129 Plus, but it seems very effective on the A139, so might be improved on the A129 Plus next major firmware update. The quality of the low bitrate image seems pretty good anyway except when there is a sustained lot of movement in the image.
I actually didn't know that this is already a feature implemented on a different model. It means to me, that they already have the algorithm, they just need to implement and marry it to the hardware of the A129Plus, if we are even on the same page here. is it about parking mode? I don't know, its already 1am here. :))

if we are even on the same page here. is it about parking mode? I don't know, its already 1am here. :))
Yes, I was talking about low bitrate parking mode, bitrate is fairly fixed in driving mode but can vary with amount of movement in low bitrate parking mode.

Back