Require the contact details for my SENEO, Super 1296 P, HD, GPS, dashcam.

Michael23

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
AZDOME GS63H, SENEO Super 1296P HD,
Hi guys 'n' gals,
I've been trying to find the contact details for my SENEO dashcam, but have not had any luck.
Nothing from the eBay seller or anywhere that I thought of & checked.
(A search on eBay does not bring any results for SENEO, 'cept for one for a whole dashcam from the U.S.A.)
The original "slide in" mount is just like a "standard" 15 mm flat clip but has a small locking tab to secure the camera.

I require a couple of suction cup mounts due to the original one that decided it had had enough.
This was after just a few months of use.
The rubber ripped off at the "actuator" & is non repairable. (Darn it!)
I've tried various types of "plastic/rubber etc.," glues but due to the force exerted, it always fails.
I should also mention that the suction cup also has attached to it, the GPS module which plugs into the dashcam.

Does anyone have any idea on who manufactures these or a wholesaler?

Much appreciated if you can help.

Thank you.

Regards, Mike..
Stay safe.

(EDIT: @ 5.50 AM...Apparently, there's no contact details available. The dashcam has been discontinued. Pity, coz it's a great little camera with heaps of features.)
(Looks like I'll have to try to modify another suction mount.)

Last edited:
Aliexpress has a large listing of mounts. If you can find one where the soft rubber piece is similar you might be able to swap that out. Does the original mount have electrical contacts in it which are used for powering or GPS? If those aren't present or are not needed it might not be too hard to fabricate a mount from a generic one and some plastic made to the right shape. I've done that once myself.

Can you post pics of the cam and mount? Maybe someone will recognize it as another brand- sometimes several cams use the same mounts and cases ;)

Phil

can you post a picture of the product you have, the only Seneo cameras I could find look to be generic product from AZDOME, need to see what you have to be sure though

Hi guys,
Q? #1.
Answer #1. Nope. No electrical connections as the GPS unit plugs straight into the top of the camera. Pics 2/3/5/6 & 7.

NB #1: The GPS unit is molded into the plastic cup. Was at the top but see my modded unit. Now on the side of the new unit.
NB #2: I've already changed the whole mounting assy., coz the original one broke.

It had a rotary knob to actuate the suction & was very short. My modded one has the lever action & is much easier to operate.
Major mod required coz the ball & socket were the wrong sizes. Looks a tad odd & is a bit too long but works O.K., 'cept for the occasional vibration/s.
Camera is mucho heavy compared to some that I've had.

The mounting clip looks like some similar plain "L" shaped ones that I've seen but do not have the same locking clip. Pic #2 & 5.

I just wish that the unit was still available, coz it's a great little dashcam.

Thanks for any info you can find.

Regards, Mike..
Stay safe.

ps. I've ordered a few "likely candidates" from eBay, so will wait 'n' see how I go.

pps. Is anyone able to get a response from anyone at AZDOME support?
I've been trying for months but no replies or notifications at all.
Still cannot get "Authorization/Activation" to post on their damn forum. (What a waste of time.)
Plus...Their web site hasn't been updated since 2019.
Crazy stuff. :)

Attachments

• 1SENEO-DASHCAM-Mounting.jpg
    1SENEO-DASHCAM-Mounting.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2SENEO-DASHCAM-Mounting.jpg
    2SENEO-DASHCAM-Mounting.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 6
  • 3SENEO-DASHCAM-Mounting.jpg
    3SENEO-DASHCAM-Mounting.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 4SENEO-DASHCAM-Mounting.jpg
    4SENEO-DASHCAM-Mounting.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 5SENEO-DASHCAM-Mounting.jpg
    5SENEO-DASHCAM-Mounting.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Back-View-SENEO-DASHCAM.jpg
    Back-View-SENEO-DASHCAM.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Front-View-SENEO-DASHCAM.jpg
    Front-View-SENEO-DASHCAM.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hi guys,
You won't believe this but I think the "rubber" cup has finally met it's match & appears to be holding.
The glue I used is from "SELLEYS" in Australia & is marketed as "PlasticFix" & comes with a PRIMER felt tip pen & the SUPER glue.
Sticks a whole lot of other materials, such as "rubber", timber, polypropylene, polyethylene, china, metal etc.

I dismantled the whole assy., & was able to place a goodly amount of glue around the centre rim of the "rubber" cup.
This one is so simple in design & construction.

Anyway, I'm hoping it holds together. It didn't let go of the windscreen today, so that's one test trip over.

I've taken a front & rear shot of this original mounting system.

You can see the difference in the lengths of the original & my modded mount.
No vibrations observed in the video when using the original.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards, Mike..
Stay safe..

Attachments

• 6SENEO-Rear-view-Original.jpg
    6SENEO-Rear-view-Original.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 7SENEO-Front-view-Original.jpg
    7SENEO-Front-view-Original.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 3
Back