Required 30 min or 1 hour mp4 files, 24+ hours capacity

A couple of quick questions:
  • When connecting the Mobius to a cell phone, using an OTG cable, can you see live video or are you only able to view recorded video?
  • When connecting the Mobius to a display, using an AV cable, can you see live video or are you only able to view recorded video?
  • Should I purchase the 'super capacitor' that replaces the battery?
  • If I buy the unit through Amazon, is there a seller I should use to assure I don't get a clone?
  • What model should I purchase if I want the widest field of view?
    • If you can provide a link or links, that would be appreciated.
    • This is the model provided in the dashcamtalk review. If I decide to not go with the wider angle lens, is this still the preferred/current model?

Last edited:
We have been testing the V2V here, actually the company I work for.
I don't see it happening soon. Although google is using the androids phones to provide the raffic layer in maps already. Why not go a step further?

Motorways here also have videocameras to alert the controlcenter and they will block off lanes if needed. And of course these streams are publically available: http://vid.nl/camera/stream

The detail level on those plots is because of my obsession with statistics. The monitoring authorities and commercial companies providing trafficdata don't have it. But I really want to see the waves. And google or TomTom don't do this.

The mobius is used a lot for FPV flying so the video signal it output via the adapter USB cable is live, but offcourse only a low resolution signal.

Not sure about the OTG cable i dont use such things myself.

There is a list of approved / trsutes sellers of mobius somewhere.

The B and C lenses are the wide ones, but which one is the widest i dont know for sure.

Okay here is a little info, will update here as i go forward.

Settings used: 720p / 20 FPS - lowest bitrate on the mobius.
AVG bitrate on the raw source files is 4mbit, way off the 18 that the mobius do with 1080p/30 high bitrate.

I have now recorded 35 three minute files in total.

Each file is around 95.000 KB in size. ( using the 1080p / 30 FPS - highest bitrate you generate files around 400 MB on the mobius )

Stitching the 10 first files from my session together to a 10 X 3 minute file ( 30 minutes ) and using the 1000 milliecond overlap my computer do that in 45 seconds.

The specs of my computer:
compspec.jpg

filespec.jpg

The output file is 30:00 minutes long, listening to audio track ( from my TV in the background there appear to be zero overlap or missing stuff in the output file )

I will now upload the output file to youtube ( private file ) let me know if you allso would like for me to make the raw 30 minute - 861 MB output file available for download from mega.nz

Here is the youtube video, ther servers is still chewing on the file so its not yet 720P.

Last edited:
A couple of quick questions:
  • When connecting the Mobius to a cell phone, using an OTG cable, can you see live video or are you only able to view recorded video?
  • When connecting the Mobius to a display, using an AV cable, can you see live video or are you only able to view recorded video?
  • Should I purchase the 'super capacitor' that replaces the battery?
  • If I buy the unit through Amazon, is there a seller I should use to assure I don't get a clone?
  • What model should I purchase if I want the widest field of view?
    • If you can provide a link or links, that would be appreciated.
    • This is the model provided in the dashcamtalk review. If I decide to not go with the wider angle lens, is this still the preferred/current model?

C lens is the widest view

Spytec are an authorised seller, there are fakes about so don't be tempted to save a dollar on Amazon by buying off a different seller, the link you provided is not an authorised seller, you can see who sells real ones here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...help-requests-here-read-posts-1-8-first.4232/

you are probably better off with the battery version for the sake of redundancy and to keep things running if you need to switch power sources, take it this project won't run forever so using like this for a while is no big deal

not sure if OTG offers live video, check the Mobius apps on the playstore though and it should have a feature list

live video over AV out is no problem, there's a cable for that

Okay here is a little info...
This is all excellent news.
If you don't mind uploading the raw files, I sure wouldn't mind playing with them.
Would you mind just doing a quick check on my test page though, just to let me know if they work? http://faganconsulting.com/audit/test.html

Also, thanks for the warning on the sellers. I went to the BuyMobius.com site and they directed me to their Amazon store Novotm LLC. All is well now. I will send a note to the author of the Best Dash Cams of 2016 post. The link provided in that thread was to the unauthorized seller on Amazon that I gave earlier.

Oh, and does anyone know of a 64 or 128 GB card that will work in the Mobius? I see that Class 4 is recommended, but I'm not finding anything but Class 10 for anything over 32 GB.

The raw output file play just fine on your page, so do the individual files :)

I will Zip up the 10 raw files and put them up for download.

The raw output file play just fine on your page, so do the individual files :)

I will Zip up the 10 raw files and put them up for download.

Whoohoo! Now I just need to find a 64 or 128 GB card that someone knows will work in the unit.

I will send a note to the author of the Best Dash Cams of 2016 post. The link provided in that thread was to the unauthorized seller on Amazon that I gave earlier.

I think it can only link to the product, Amazon automatically directs you to the cheapest seller which may not actually be legitimate, one of the hazards of Amazon
Oh, and does anyone know of a 64 or 128 GB card that will work in the Mobius? I see that Class 4 is recommended, but I'm not finding anything but Class 10 for anything over 32 GB.

I think that info is a little outdated, go with a good quality brand name (genuine) card and you should be ok, keep away from Sandisk for this model though

I would go for a SDXC class 10 / U1 card, you should be able to find somthing good on Amazon.com, just make sure to get sold and fulfilled by amazon.

In my mobius i use a Trancend 400X, other good brands would be Lexar - kingston - PNY.

This look allright in my eyes.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00W77C1W4
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

I think that info is a little outdated, go with a good quality brand name (genuine) card and you should be ok, keep away from Sandisk for this model though

Thanks. I'm glad you said stay away from Sandisk, as that's likely one I would have picked.

Yeah the Mobius is not fuzzy with memoorycards, i have tried all mine in it and it just do its thing.

Sanddisk seem to be allright for all things but dashcams, this is still up for debate here, but since its not the only brand i say play it safe.

Remember to format card to fat 32, the mobius can allso use ex fat filesystem but it have some issues at least when it come to recycling old files when the card is full.

The Mobius GUI software offer both options under its format page.

Thanks. I've ordered. I got the wide angle battery version, the 128 GB PNY, the AV cables, and a hard-wire kit. It should all be here by early next week and I can start testing myself.

A BIG thank you to everyone again for all your assistance with this project. Even before I test personally, I believe this is going to work out significantly better than my minimum goals and closely approaching ideal.

You are so welcome M8, if you run into more problems, just hit us up in here, there is a lot of ppl chomping at the bit to help ppl.

Not mutch going on down on that street today :D
Too bad i spent my weekly allowance of gasoline erlier in the day, otherwise i could have taken a short drive with the mobius in place in the left side of my car.

It suck beeing sick and jobless even if you drive a little Suzuki car with a moped engine so to say.

Not mutch going on down on that street today :D
Too bad i spent my weekly allowance of gasoline erlier in the day, otherwise i could have taken a short drive with the mobius in place in the left side of my car.

It suck beeing sick and jobless even if you drive a little Suzuki car with a moped engine so to say.

No problem with the video. I appreciate all you've done. More than watching cars right now I just want to play with Registrator Viewer. The Mobius I ordered should be here early next week.

Back