Reset to factory without app

Bernwag

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All, New VIOFO A129 user. I had everything working, including the phone app (Samsung S10+). Was following along with some online tutorials and somehow lost the ability for my phone to connect or even see the VIOFO network. So I tried my older Samsung phone (SM-N900A) and it also could not see a VIOFO network. I had been using the app successfully on my S10+ but played with it long enough to break it! The camera is working, I'm able to download and edit 1 minute clips but there's a lot more I'd like to do regarding settings. Is there any way to get this dash cam back to the factory settings without the use of the phone app, so I can start all over? Any help is appreciated.

You can reset to default from the settings menu in the camera.

Reactions: Mtz
Thank you, found it and did the reset hoping it would work, but still not seeing the wifi.

Try disabling mobile data and see if it works.

Im having the same issue with the wifi on my a129 pro, glad to see its not a lone issue, ive tried resetting and multiple different devices, did this happen you after a firmware update?

Hello,

We recommend you reflash firmware V2.4 and then default the settings and use a paper clip to press the R button for about 5 secs to reset the dashcam.
1636076642676.png

Reactions: Mtz
Back