RESOLVED: Remote Snapshot not saving to "101photo" folder on SD card

SuperGoop

Reaction score
Country
Canada
RESOLVED!!! Earlier, I asked if anyone else's "101photo" folder on their SD card is empty. Techmoan confirmed that his snapshot photos (from the remote button) is saved in this folder, but mine (strangely) was always empty. I asked around and everybody confirmed photos were saved in their 101photo folder.

My 101photo folder was always EMPTY.

Today, it suddenly had photos saved in the 101photo folder! I was very puzzled. Then I realized today, I did NOT connect my iPhone to the M6+ and the snapshots were NOT download automatically to my iPhone since I never opened the DDPai app to connect.

Sure enough, as soon as I connected my iPhone to the camera, all my photos were downloaded to my iPhone and ERASED from my SD card.

Did some more testing and confirm that photos are saved to SD card and then ERASED automatically when downloaded to iPhone.

Can anyone confirm this?
1) Take some remote snapshots (do NOT connect phone)
2) Take out SD card and check 101photo for the snapshots
3) Reinsert SD card back in camera and connect to smartphone via app.
4) Wait for photos to download automatically to phone
5) RE-check SD card... photos should now be erased and the 101photo folder EMPTY again!

Yes, I can confirm it. I was rather surprised by it and not all that happy about it. I only have a 16 GB iPhone with only 2.4 GB left. I'm probably going to by a Leef iBridge to increase phone capacity and make viewing videos after an incident easier to do.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00OGT0AWE

There is an option to NOT download to iPhone if you don't want to.

Anyways, it seems like DDPai fixed this issue in the latest firmware release a few days ago. Now, even after downloading to the iPhone, the photo remains on the SD card in the 101photo folder.

Back