(Resolved, Tested)Very famous timezone issue is still there

soyoeml

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased this camera 7 days ago. The version is 20160905V2.3. But it still has the time zone issue. My time zone is GMT -7:00(one hour Daylight saving time). When I set it to GMT -7:00, the time shows 3 hours before my time. For example, it should be 18:00, but it shows 15:00. I have to set it to GMT -10:00 to get correct time. But this leads wrong date. I saw many users have this issue. Please fix it. Thanks.

Reproducing steps:

The GPS signal is no signal.My time zone is GMT -7:00(one hour Daylight saving time).

a. connected with car power adapter, turn the key to ACC on.

b. enter setting, set time: -07:00 04/02/2017 18:40:32.

c. unplug car power adapter, after several seconds, plug in again.

d. now you could see the time is 04/02/2017 15:40:32. It should be 04/02/2017 18:40:32.

Update:

Hi guys,
we updated the firmware yesterday, the timezone problem is solved now (in our test here :) )

download here:
http://www.nanodashcam.com/firmware/FIRMWARE-20170425.zip
I tested that this version fixed this bug. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes, it is unbelievable that they cannot fix this simple issue.

Hi soyoeml,
sorry i have a long time not login forum so not noticed your feedback.
we arranged our test engineer tested the firmware and found your feedback is correct, will correct the codes tomorrow.
quite sorry for this.

for further feedbacks, you can reach me directly to rayman@megcn.com so I can respond quickly.
Thanks a lot for your submission.

Rayman @MEGtech

Hi soyoeml,
we arranged our test engineer tested the firmware and found your feedback is correct, will correct the codes tomorrow.
quite sorry for this.

for further feedbacks, you can reach me directly to rayman@megcn.com so I can respond quickly.

Rayman @MEGtech

Great! I almost gave up. If there is a release, please let me know.

Hi soyoeml,
quite sorry for this.

Rayman @MEGtech
Welcome back!

Cheers

Unfortunately, the time zone bug just got worse. While (+) offsets seem to work, (-) ones do not.

Hi Lacibaci,
we re-test the 4.20 firmware and confirmed there is a big bug in the timezone setting. will check carefully and rework in 2 days.
Thanks for point this problem. :)

Rayman

Hi Lacibaci,
we re-test the 4.20 firmware and confirmed there is a big bug in the timezone setting. will check carefully and rework in 2 days.
Thanks for point this problem. :)

Rayman

I flashed this firmware. It got worse. It can keep time after powering on. But the GPS time sync change the time to 03:11:15. It should be 19:11:15. Now the offset became bigger.

It really shows how bad the GPS interference is :(
we test the smaller 18*18*4mm antenna in 903 GPS, which improved the GPS signal several DBs. (there are more blank area around the GPS PCB which insulate more interference.)
if you can get such a smaller GPS antenna, you can have a try.
just make sure the wider side of the Argentine is close to microUSB sockets.
2.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BRex Mini 0903 / nano Q 1
Back