Return DR650GW-2CH to Pittasoft for WiFi module upgrade / cloud support?

fab74

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I am new to this forum, but have been lurking in the background for quite some time and always found it very useful and informative.

As, you know, with the introduction of firmware v2.000 Pittasoft has enabled the cloud support feature on all the DR650GW-2CH cameras produced after April 2015.

Unfortunately my camera (bought on 12th May 2015) is not one of them, but Pittasoft is willing to upgrade it for a small fee:
http://www.blackvue.com/cloud-incompatible-dr650gw-2ch-models-upgraded-for-cloud-support/

However, it turned out that I need to pay $50 via Paypal and send (at my own expense) both the front and the rear camera to Pittasoft in South Korea, which is not exactly around the corner from the UK where I live.
To be perfectly honest I am a bit worried about the whole process and would really appreciate your advice.
Has anyone taken part in this upgrade program? Did you have to pay custom fees when the camera got returned to you? Do you have any recommendations?
I am ok with the $50 upgrade fee, but am a bit nervous with the idea of sending my camera to the other side of the globe and live without it for 3 weeks (in the best case scenario).

Thank you all for your attention

Fab

A lot of people that can use this update have been rolling back to the prior version anyway, not sure it's worth the inconvenience let alone the cost based on the feedback the update has received so far

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, but have been lurking in the background for quite some time and always found it very useful and informative.

As, you know, with the introduction of firmware v2.000 Pittasoft has enabled the cloud support feature on all the DR650GW-2CH cameras produced after April 2015.

Unfortunately my camera (bought on 12th May 2015) is not one of them, but Pittasoft is willing to upgrade it for a small fee:
http://www.blackvue.com/cloud-incompatible-dr650gw-2ch-models-upgraded-for-cloud-support/

However, it turned out that I need to pay $50 via Paypal and send (at my own expense) both the front and the rear camera to Pittasoft in South Korea, which is not exactly around the corner from the UK where I live.
To be perfectly honest I am a bit worried about the whole process and would really appreciate your advice.
Has anyone taken part in this upgrade program? Did you have to pay custom fees when the camera got returned to you? Do you have any recommendations?
I am ok with the $50 upgrade fee, but am a bit nervous with the idea of sending my camera to the other side of the globe and live without it for 3 weeks (in the best case scenario).

Thank you all for your attention

Fab
I suggest you get assistance from the Blackvue UK Distributor. Send an email to Derek Cox - derek@nwxgroup.com. He is very helpful and should get back to you quickly with advice.

I agree with some of the sentiments - the functionality of the Cloud aspect of the device is severely limited - I am yet to find anyone who has been able to get it to work correctly so frankly I think you may be wasting your time and money. I would much rather Pittasoft upgrade the MacViewer programme so I could browse and download files from the camera via wi-fi.

How much they charge for upgrading?

How much they charge for upgrading?

as per the original post

Thanks. That expensive. Wow...

Back