reverse kit ?

moderncouple

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i am almost comitted to buy the dodrc500s. 2 ch for my wife.

but i couldnt find any info of using it as a reverse camera function aswell triggered buy putting her car in REVERSE. is it possible to wire it up...is there a work around diy. is there a video out connection for this model to connect to cars head unit. or anythink like that which would work. say if not triggered by reverse, perhaps reverse footage always on show on the head unit display would still be ok. as simple as selecting source on the headunit display to display it..

For instance the blackvue has a reversing kit the r-100 for the dr models. i couldnt work out if this reverse kit was compatible with the dodrc500s or the BLACKVUE DR650S-2CH ?either..
Why doesn't the dod have that if they do, where is it!.. as my first choice was the dodrc500s 2nd choice BLACKVUE DR650S-2CH only if it was compatable with reverse function of course.
it would be nice to know it will work, as apossed to having a 2ch cam kit. plus a separate reverse cam aswell.

thanks in advance for any help

if she has a head unit with video display that offers reverse cam input then put a proper reverse cam in the car, it will work far better, the output from the camera is not reversed so you won't get a mirror image like you do with a proper camera, the mounting location for the rear cam won't suit reverse cam use either, not sure the DOD even has AV output anyway but even if it does it's not going to give you the result you need and won't be automated like a proper reverse cam would be

thanks jokiin.
yup i am think that way. although i was tring to avoid that. ( add on seperate reversing camera. ) may not be possible with top line dod. but blackvue does.. not sure how the view field wud look . ill look into that

there is a huge hole in the market to exploit. 3ch cam kit all in one..( with out mirror image )

Last edited:
thanks jokiin.
i was tring to avoid that. ( add on seperate reversing camera. ) may not be possible with top line dod. but blackvue does.

there is a huge hole in the market to exploit. 3ch cam kit all in one..( with out mirror image )

they exist, they're just not that great, it's not really a hole in the market waiting to be exploited, it's a hole in the market that is very hard to fill, we do reverse camera products and the needs are too varied to try and fill the void with a universal dashcam product, there's no business case to justify it when other products are cheaper and do it better anyway

thanks jokiin.
i was tring to avoid that. ( add on seperate reversing camera. ) may not be possible with top line dod. but blackvue does.

DOD RC500S does not have an AV out. Plus I agree with Jokiin, I have not seen a dashcam yet that is any use as a reversing camera.

they exist, they're just not that great, it's not really a hole in the market waiting to be exploited, it's a hole in the market that is very hard to fill, we do reverse camera products and the needs are too varied to try and fill the void with a universal dashcam product, there's no business case to justify it when other products are cheaper and do it better anyway
thanks yeah ill go with the add on revetse cam defiantly ...

ok im sold on seperate reversing camera..
but can i use the cellink b . or iroad power pack. aswell as hard wiring it to the car. with the dodrc500s with its own hardwire kit..

. ie what i mean is say. she is driving her car and the dodrc500s cams are on. she parks car cams on battery pack running
. battery pack runs outta juice. car battery kicks in via hard wiring. ..this is an idea i have. this would be a great configuration .
is this type of configuration possible...... sweeting bullets to find out lmao

Last edited:
Back