Reverse view camera for streaming

Regular Guy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe I'm looking for a camera with a narrow or standard field of view, not the typical fisheye wide FOV found in automotive rear view cameras. Or is it a different focal length, I'm not sure on the terminology. I got a pickup with slide-in camper and the OEM rear view mirror is worthless with the load in the back. As a possible alternative to the OEM rear mirror I'm trying a Autovox V5Pro but find the rear viewing of little help (Objects are sooo much closer than they appear! I have to use my side mirrors to determine if it's an ice cream truck or a trooper approaching from the rear) I'm looking for a rear view closer in magnification to view in the OEM rear mirror. I'm assuming such a camera won't be much help with parking or blindspots, that's OK. Any suggestions? Ideally there's a camera that would work with my Autovox display and wiring. The camera connection is a 4 pin barrel connector, with a inner barrel width of about 4.5mm However I would also appreciate any recommendations for systems that my give me this type of rear viewing

Back