Review: 2nd Batch-BULLETHD BIKER PRO, 1080p, Wi-Fi, Water Resistant Motorcycle Camera DashCam

don't forget to leave room behind the camera module for the cable itself. i did something similar in one of my first custom projects. thankfully it wasn't a customer's car; it was my own. had to completely rethink that mount, and buy a new (ok, junkyard used) trim piece to replace the one i'd ruined with my lack of planning.

BikerPro received today with thanks. Very positive first impressions :)

As it will be exposed I'm wondering whether I should put some cell phone screen protector over the lens?

BikerPro received today with thanks. Very positive first impressions :)

As it will be exposed I'm wondering whether I should put some cell phone screen protector over the lens?

Welcome to the club. Adding any film over the lens might degrade the over all quality of the image captured. (refracted light, dust/condensation collects on the inside layer etc) Having said that, sure it might protect the lens but at what cost? I haven't heard of anyone suffering chips/scratch of any sort on external lenses across multiple products.

Yes that's true, I ran a bullet cam on a track car a few years back and it had a replaceable threaded end cap with clear glass to protect the lens, quite a good idea but I don't think I ever replaced it.

I was looking at how to set the time just now but it seems to have corrected itself automatically, which is nice. I connected to the iOS app maybe that did it?

Date/Time corrects automatically once android or iOS device connects via app correct. Other option is to edit the settings.txt file on the memory card.

Hi, just a quick update after I installed the camera on my bike at the weekend. I've only had chance to do a quick test but I'm impressed so far. I wasn't sure whether to post this review here or on the main thread for the camera, just let me know if I should move it.

I mounted the lens just under the headlight using a custom bracket I made to maximise the clearance to the mudguard, routed the cable under the tank, and located the recorder in a pouch under the seat. The 2m cable length was perfect, it's quite thick (which hopefully means decent shielding) but easy to route where you want (although it might be tricky to hide in a car). I need to check if the recorder is getting enough ventilation, but it's working fine on a long run. The recorder starts and stops correctly with the ignition on my Ducati Scrambler using the stock usb port, and the startup beeps are handy to know it's working as the flashing led is out of sight on my install. Overall build quality feels good, the lens is small and discreet, the recorder feels robust, and the cable stays are genius. I really like them; whoever designed them really had their brain switched on.

BikerPro_install2.jpg

BikerPro_install4.jpg

BikerPro_install3.jpg

It's been dark and overcast here the last few days but my first test run produced a clear picture, no vibration or interference, and good definition. Most importantly if you freeze the video with a car coming towards you, I can read the numberplate clearly. That, to me, is the acid test of a good dashcam. Only odd thing I noticed was it saved a couple of files with a different filename stem to the others, but they were all there. I'm using a Samsung 32GB card which might be a bit flaky, I'll maybe try another one.

Updating the firmware was straightforward, and I like the iOS app. It automatically sets the correct date and time whenever you connect which is a nice little feature, and you can change the various settings and see the live image while you are installing the camera. Very slick. I can't comment on the hard-wiring kit as I haven't used it, but it's handy to have one in the box.

Any downsides? The wireless connection is a useful function but a bit laggy, it's ok for installing the camera but pauses every few seconds when I playback a file. Hardly surprising given the high bit-rate (17 Mbps) and it's easy to take the card out and plug it in a PC. It works better on lower bit-rate settings but recording high quality video is more important to me. Also I haven't found a setting to change the recording frequency so UK led car headlights and signs flicker, but it looks quite cool!

I only tried it on stock 1080/30 settings so far and I'm pleased with the results. I'm especially happy it's discreet and I was able to install-and-forget, so I just get on the bike and it works. Most important question though is how reliable it is, time will tell!

I'll upload a short video to YouTube and post a link later on.

Three short test clips, recorded in low light. YouTube quality sucks but it gives an idea of the view from the camera. p.s. Forgot to mention, sound quality is very good with the recorder under the seat.

Last edited:
I haven't found a setting to change the recording frequency so UK led car headlights and signs flicker, but it looks quite cool!.

Automotive LEDs will always flicker in the videos since they don't run at 50 or 60 hz. And even with my cameras set to US 60hz and ntsc, most LED signs still flicker. At least the traffic lights don't flicker.

I have just received one of these cameras and will be fitting it to my Yamaha Tracer. I'm by no way an idiot but could some kind soul please post a step-by-step guide on how to upgrade the firmware and what needs to be done PRIOR to fitting the kit to the bike. I have downloaded the app to my iPhone6 but it doesn't do anything yet. Thanks in advance...

I have just received one of these cameras and will be fitting it to my Yamaha Tracer. I'm by no way an idiot but could some kind soul please post a step-by-step guide on how to upgrade the firmware and what needs to be done PRIOR to fitting the kit to the bike. I have downloaded the app to my iPhone6 but it doesn't do anything yet. Thanks in advance...

http://www.bullethd.us/#!-firmwares/cndf
(See Biker Pro)

WiFi won't turn on and activate unless there is a card inserted, and camera is all plugged in.

Are you using a 32GB or 64GB card?

T
http://www.bullethd.us/#!-firmwares/cndf
(See Biker Pro)

WiFi won't turn on and activate unless there is a card inserted, and camera is all plugged in.

Are you using a 32GB or 64GB card?

Thanks for that handy clip. I will be using the 32GB card that was bundled with the camera that came from Hong Kong - Silver Creation International; the manufacturer?

OK. So I have now installed my Biker Pro and have been running it for a few days. I pulled the memory card and put it in my PC and found that, although the files are QuickTime Movies some are called EVE****.mov and some are called FILE****.mov. Some of the FILE clips won't play whilst all of the EVE ones will (I'm using VLC Player). There are gaps as well, like part of my rides are missing. I uploaded the latest firmware prior to install. Any ideas??

Open settings.txt file
Change the value of the line described as default from 0 to 1
Save file and re-insert back into main unit and power on. Try Redding with default settings awhile.

What size make model memory card?
Transcend 32GB is best, avoid SanDisk

You might need a new video cable or power supply.

Thanks for your quick reply. The memory card is a 32GB SanDisk Ultra, as supplied with the camera. I've just changed the file in the settings.txt as described and will give it another go on the bike tomorrow. You say that I may need a new video cable or power supply?! Who will send those to me and at what cost? I ordered direct via the BulletHD website...

Thanks for your quick reply. The memory card is a 32GB SanDisk Ultra, as supplied with the camera. I've just changed the file in the settings.txt as described and will give it another go on the bike tomorrow. You say that I may need a new video cable or power supply?! Who will send those to me and at what cost? I ordered direct via the BulletHD website...

I'm not sure why they are supplying SanDisk cards. I'll let them know the known problem. If it's a red gray SanDisk card they use a proprietary controller which can trip up into read-only mode.

Yes you'll need to contact the seller you bought from for warranty part replacement. In this case it would be https://bullethd.com/en/contact-us

Back