Review and unboxing: Nautilus Cam Nemo's Eye Waterproof Action Camera 1080p Wi-Fi

I've been looking for a camera that I can mount on the side of my motorcycle helmet.
The only reason I haven't bought a Nautilus is because the sensor can't be rotated 90deg as far as I can tell.
Which is hilarious because they have a badly photo shopped image of it being used in such a manner.
photoshop.jpg

I've been looking for a camera that I can mount on the side of my motorcycle helmet.
The only reason I haven't bought a Nautilus is because the sensor can't be rotated 90deg as far as I can tell.
Which is hilarious because they have a badly photo shopped image of it being used in such a manner.
View attachment 17981
You can always rotate video afterwards.

Thanks.

You mean vertical cam? No I don't think capturing the sky and my gas tank is entirely the same as getting things to the left and right of me in frame.
I'd take it apart if there was a way to rotate it.
It's not the lens, the sensor needs to be rotated.
I know a lot do upside down flip but 90 degree flip?
What other camera does that?

It's not the lens, the sensor needs to be rotated.
I know a lot do upside down flip but 90 degree flip?
What other camera does that?
Yes, I said I'd own one if the sensor could be rotated. Even if I had to pop it open to do it.
In order to go 90 deg with software the sensor would have to be square and omit lines above and below the sensor to keep the same aspect ratio.
The Drift Innovation Stealth 2 rotates 90 degrees. But it's about twice the price.

I've seen the insides of the mobius, they have a short ribbon cable and a square module for the camera. Those could possibly be rotated 90 degrees.

Last edited:
Well that means the mobius can be taken apart and rotated.
I can't find any pictures of the internals for the Nautilus.

Just an update on record time length on a full charge.
It recorded 1:24 (one hour and 24 minutes) before it shut down.

Nautilus Nemo's eye action camera strapped on hat recording Syma X8C Orange quadcopter's flight.

Blowing leaves drone style: :D

Wi-Fi connection details...

First, you have to download iSmart DV app by Astrotek Technology Ltd.
Turn the Nautilus Nemo's Eye camera on and press 'M' button for over 3 seconds to turn on the Wi-Fi.
You'll see faint bluish blinking with red LED light. It almost looks pink LED when the Wi-Fi is on.

Click the iSmart DV app in your phone:
View attachment 15745

Select Action DVR Wi-Fi network:
View attachment 15746

Once connected, camera preview window is open.
Here you can look at the live view and set angle or monitor.
On top left, video resolution/mode is displayed.
Below that, there is an icon for settings. Not all the settings are available in Wi-Fi, you have to update the update.txt for more settings.
On the bottom left, there is an icon to access saved video files but can't play in the app, just to download or delete.
On the bottom center, there is a red icon for record and on the right, there are icons to switch between photo and video modes.

View attachment 15747

Saved video files:

View attachment 15748

After selecting video files, you'll get option to download or delete files:
View attachment 15749

Wi-Fi settings menu: Only these options are available here.
View attachment 15750

The iSmart DV app works pretty good.

I've just bought Hetai Nautilus cam and I wonder if it's possible to make it record videos both on the camera's and my smartphone's memory card at the same time, when in wi-fi connected mode.
Could you please help me?
Many thanx

I've just bought Hetai Nautilus cam and I wonder if it's possible to make it record videos both on the camera's and my smartphone's memory card at the same time, when in wi-fi connected mode.
Many thanx
I don't think there's option to auto download the clips into the phone.
You have to manually select them to download.
The text file doesn't have that option not the app.

I don't think there's option to auto download the clips into the phone.
You have to manually select them to download.
The text file doesn't have that option not the app.
Oh, I appreciate your quick reply! Cheers!!! :)
The real question is not downloading but the recording itself. I mean if I connect the camera and my smartphone via wi-fi and I launch video shooting on my phone the footage can be found later only on my smartphone's memory card.
If connection breaks between the cam and the phone during soothing what will happen?
Is there an option to record a video both on the cam and the phone simultaneously?

Oh, I appreciate your quick reply! Cheers!!! :)
The real question is not downloading but the recording itself. I mean if I connect the camera and my smartphone via wi-fi and I launch video shooting on my phone the footage can be found later only on my smartphone's memory card.
If connection breaks between the cam and the phone during soothing what will happen?
Is there an option to record a video both on the cam and the phone simultaneously?
You need an app for that like screen capture or something.
Then it'll record whatever your phone displays.

Hello dear friend.

when in wi-fi connected mode. Just make it record videos on the camera's memory card. cann't save on the smartphone's memory card.But you can watch the videos on the smartphone.
And at the end of this month,we will make the upgrade version for this Nautilus cam. Change to Micro USB. the USB cbale is 5pins. not 8pins.
If you have any better suggestions for this item. pls tell us. we will try best to improve it.
Many thanx

Thank you

Best Regards

Hello dear friend.

when in wi-fi connected mode. Just make it record videos on the camera's memory card. cann't save on the smartphone's memory card.But you can watch the videos on the smartphone.
And at the end of this month,we will make the upgrade version for this Nautilus cam. Change to Micro USB. the USB cbale is 5pins. not 8pins.
If you have any better suggestions for this item. pls tell us. we will try best to improve it.

Thank you

Best Regards

hey I also just bought a Nautilus camera and I have two questions:

1) Is there any FIRMWARE update?

2) can you post a video on how to DISASSEMBLE the camera?

Thanks!

Hello dear friend.

Thanx a lot for your great help and support.
I'm learning how to use the camera and so far everything has been going all right, except that after downloading the videos to my smartphone via wi-fi it doesn't play them. I wonder if it's caused by some error in the wi-fi connection.
I'm waiting for the Micro USB upgrade.
Pls let me know when it's available.

Back