Review: AutoBot Eye 1080p Wi-Fi dash camera (Gearbest.com)

Hello Guys
Please, I just got my Autobot Eye, but I can not find the wifi on my iphone or android. Is there someone that have had the same problem?

Just got my Camera and installed it.. it is was very easy to install, thanks to all the inputs in this forum. I have some very basic questions on the phone..

With this connected to the magic eye charger does the regular bluetooth functionality of the phone work? ie. BT headset or inbuilt car BT system?
Is it necessary to be connected to the magic charger all the time?

Thanks
Harsha

Screenshot_20160720-173734.png

Hi,

Anybody know if "radar detector" works? if so, how to use it? Thanks

What degree of rotation does this camera have in the mount?

I would like to mount this to the housing of the daylight sensor on the rearview mirror. The most viable surface faces the windshield glass at about 45°. Is there a limit to how far backwards it can rotate?

See around 00:42 of this video:

It's a shame this isn't capacitor unit.. would be absolutely perfect

Capacitor, all black, replace that ridiculous mount with the A119 mount and you have the perfect cam.

Hi,

Can some1 tell me how to upgrade firmware of autobot eye (cause i have downloaded it from official site) and what is function of charger bluetooth?

Thanks alot!

Firmware upgrade Go to
http://v.qq.com/x/page/b01773jznpu.html?ptag=vgoapp_com
Sit true the advertisements first (about 6) and watch how he is doing it. I think you can get it without understanding Chinese. (My Malwarebytes comes up and blocks some pop up pages) If you have a internet DL manager you can DL the clip once started, take the biggest file to DL 17mb.
Steps he shows:
1) First shutoff camera.
2) Take the memory stick out and transfer the "bin" file onto the stick from computer or on Smart/Dummmmm-phone.
3) Take mem-stick out and insert back into camera.
4) Connect camera to power source, any 5Volt USB will do, camera does the rest.
5) Slow blinking midle light, then fast blinking (transfering bin to upgrade firmware) then back to regular lights.
6) Turn on your (Smart/Dummmmm) phone and check the firmware in the software if you feel like.
That's it, pretty much like all the cameras are doing it.
Good Luck
PS not a clue about "Charger/Bluetooth" since I don't have the camera

Last edited:
Firmware upgrade Go to
http://v.qq.com/x/page/b01773jznpu.html?ptag=vgoapp_com
Sit true the advertisements first (about 6) and watch how he is doing it. I think you can get it without understanding Chinese. (My Malwarebytes comes up and blocks some pop up pages) If you have a internet DL manager you can DL the clip once started, take the biggest file to DL 17mb.
Steps he shows:
1) First shutoff camera.
2) Take the memory stick out and transfer the "bin" file onto the stick from computer or on Smart/Dummmmm-phone.
3) Take mem-stick out and insert back into camera.
4) Connect camera to power source, any 5Volt USB will do, camera does the rest.
5) Slow blinking midle light, then fast blinking (transfering bin to upgrade firmware) then back to regular lights.
6) Turn on your (Smart/Dummmmm) phone and check the firmware in the software if you feel like.
That's it, pretty much like all the cameras are doing it.
Good Luck
PS not a clue about "Charger/Bluetooth" since I don't have the camera

Thank you!

This thing is a piece of ****.

Can't connect to WiFi on it.

This is the light combination I get.

O - X - O
X - X - O
X - X - X

REPEATS ITSELF.

Then when I reboot it I get.

O - O - X
O - X - X
X - X - X

REPEATS ITSELF.

I also get.

O - X - X
X - X - X
X - O - O

REPEATS ITSELF.

Seriously, this thing is a P.O.S.

WiFi is coming up, I try to join.

Says Incorrect WiFi.

I have tried the password 12345678 on two different devices and still won't connect.

I have tried resetting the device and performing a firmware upgrade.

A new flashing pattern I get!

X - X - X
O - O - O

REPEATS ITSELF

WiFi is coming up, I try to join.

Says Incorrect WiFi.

I have tried the password 12345678 on two different devices and still won't connect.

I have tried resetting the device and performing a firmware upgrade.

I get people all the time saying they want cameras without screens because they just want a simple device, the troubleshooting though can be very challenging when you can't see what's going on

I finally got the AutoBot too. Well, Right now the camera is "cooking" in my car. Florida sun will do that. But so far it still works. The housing is hot, I mean really hot, almost got a blister on my fingers touching the casing, yet the camera is still working. I have the camera connected to an extra 12 Volt battery in my trunk of the car and then I use a USB 12Volt 5-port adapter (IXCC). With other words the camera is or should be steady running. Did not use the charger that came with the unit, have to make a connector first so it runs from my trunk battery.
Battery in my trunk is charged whenever I am parked at home over a charger and a RV 110Volt connector. Cut a hole in the trunk to install a 110Volt Male Plug. Works fine. Battery lasts about a week running a camera 24/7. I still have a Lukas 7900 connected that way for ~3 years but I am tired of taking out the memory stick. My reason to buy this camera. Don't know yet how it will work out. I know already I am not to crazy about the AutoBot software, seems to be more spyware then anything else. Seems to send everything to China whenever it can over a Internet/Cellphone connection. On top the camera has no GPS, it uses your cellphone if you have GPS enabled. I block all with Firewall. I don't have any connection problems yet, just checked, left light middle light steady, recording light (right light) blinking on the camera meaning it is recording to the stick. (32GB) and also full sun on the dashboard/camera.
George

Got one a few days ago and it powers up and ran fine. Just trying to route the wiring so it is neat, car is a Mazda MX3. The ONLY mistake I made was I ordered the camera in rose gold which leaves the face a real nice shade of white!!! The camera really stands out well.

The wifi is buggy, when you change the default password, it will not allow you to connect with the new password. After resetting a few times, the wifi will be able to connect again, but this seems to happen randomly. Is there a fix for this?

Hi,

I got second Autobot camera but i cant connect with wifi, i tired password 12345678 and 88888888 but isnt working...

For my 1st camera 12345678 works fine but not for second one.

I have tired to reset few times but no luck.

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Folders and file size:
CARDV>MOVIE
MOVIE folder has normal video files as well as a subfolder called RO for triggered/event clips.
CARDV>PHOTO
For photos from photo mode.
View attachment 20982

File size and VBR:
A 3 minute 1080p video clip is around 287mb in size.

Overall bit rate : 13.1 Mbps
Video Bit rate : 11.9 Mbps

Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Audio Bit rate : 512 Kbps
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 11.0 MiB (4%)

Event/triggered files are only 14 seconds long:

View attachment 20991
Hey. Is there any way to extend trigger video time lenght? I would like to protect 3minutes file

Back