Review: BOBLOV 4k WiFi Sports Action Camera

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
This sports action camera is based on Sunplus 6350 chip with OV4689 sensor.
It is available at BoblovDirect's Amazon store here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073R77M2R
  • [4K@25FPS Ultra HD ] Supports 4K/25FPS, 2K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS and 1080P/30FPS video resolution, 12MP Image resolution and with 170 degree wide angle lens, to ensure that you can capture every detail
  • [Dual Screens] 2.0" High definition back screen displays and replays the videos and photos, 0.9" front screen displays the camera mode, power and some info
  • [Remote Control] 2.4G Wireless remote control, up to 15M remote range, you can take a photo or take a video without someone's help
  • [Built-In Wifi ] More freely and easily to take your videos and photos. Download the free App "Ez iCam" to use the camera. you can operate or review your photos and videos via the Android & IOS devices
  • [Comes with Dual 1050 mAh batteries] provide up to 180 minutes battery life(Each up to 90 minutes)
WiFi App: EZ iCam app works great but it requires location access for Android 6 or higher.
Unboxing BOBLOV 4k Sports Action Camera:
Package contents: It comes with standard sports action camera accessories as below:
1x Boblov Sport Action Camera; 1x Waterproof Case; 1x Handle Bar; 7x Mounts; 2x Clip; 2x Helmet Mount;
1x Bandages; 2x Battery; 1x Lens Cloth; 1x Tethers; 1x Protective Backdoor; 1x USB Cable ; 1x Remote Control; 1x Bag
BOVLOV.jpg
DSC07647-boblov-s.jpg
Boblov Sports Action Camera images:
Boblov Sports action camera images1.jpg

Boblov Sports action camera images2.jpg

Boblov Sports Action Camera Files, folders and bit rates:
Root has PHOTO folder for pictures and VIDEO for video files.
Photos are 4608 x 2592 pixels at 12m resolution.

Overall video bit rate:

4k 25fps: 61.5mpbs with video @ 60.1 mbps and audio @ 1411.2 kbps.
2.7k 30fps: 61.6mpbs with video @ 60.1 mbps and audio @ 1411.2 kbps.
1080p 60fps: 23.5mpbs with video @ 22.1 mbps and audio @ 1411.2 kbps.
720p 120fps: 29.5mpbs with video @ 28.1 mbps and audio @ 1411.2 kbps.

Boblov Sports action camera files, folders bit rates.jpg
Boblov 720p 120fps bit rate.jpg
continued...

Last edited:
Video samples:
4k 25fps:

2.7k 30fps:

1080p 60fps:

@Sunny Thanks for your great review,it is very appreciated by us!:)
@Mtz In honour to you ,he also have a review on this camera for us.He had a try to take it for underwater recording,and give us some suggestion to adjust image IQ.Very appreciated!!:)

Hey Sunny, do you find that the camera occasionally crashes when recording 4K? I've tried several different memory cards with varying luck. Some record 90% of the time, others only work some of the time.

@DrekiTech What is brand for your memory card? Some users feedback us avoid Sandisk, Transcend.

@DrekiTech What is brand for your memory card? Some users feedback us avoid Sandisk, Transcend.

I originally had a Lexar 633x in it. Then I tried a Transcend (had problems too), a Sandisk (worked a few times), a Toshiba (50 / 50), and an Adata (worked 90% of the time).

It hasn't crashed yet but I only took short videos of few minutes at a time.
How long 4k videos did you record?

As this is a review, you should point out that the OV4689 sensor is a 4MP sensor so only has half the pixels required for true 4K video and 1/3rd the pixels required for real 12MP photos. However good the camera is, it can't "capture every detail" in 4K video or 12MP photos as claimed, unless the sensor information is wrong?

Also, given the price I would expect it to have video stabilisation which seems to be missing from the feature list...

As this is a review, you should point out that the OV4689 sensor is a 4MP sensor so only has half the pixels required for true 4K video and 1/3rd the pixels required for real 12MP photos. However good the camera is, it can't "capture every detail" in 4K video or 12MP photos as claimed, unless the sensor information is wrong?

Also, given the price I would expect it to have video stabilisation which seems to be missing from the feature list...
Not a real 4k camera,it uses 4MP OV4689 Sensor,can not take native 4k videos.

Not a real 4k camera,it uses 4MP OV4689 Sensor,can not take native 4k videos.
It's always good that people know what they are buying, then they wont be disappointed if they really wanted native 4K.

Camera looks good, and that is a good selection of accessories, very nice that you include the case :)

It hasn't crashed yet but I only took short videos of few minutes at a time.
How long 4k videos did you record?

It usually freezes up right away, if it's going to crash. Once it works (with the same card), I've had it work up to 5 min. It's frustrating. I think it might be a combination of heat/memory card though because some brands definitely work better than others and the cam seems to crash more after it has been powered on for a while. :/

@DrekiTech Suggest this TOSHIBA brand,Or other brand card features with 90M/S speed card&C10 class for 4K recording.

I posted my own review here:

I don't mean to highjack this thread, just that I concur with MTZ that some highlights are too bright in daylight. Perhaps the contrast is a bit high. Better dynamic range can be achieved from this sensor.

Also I was dumping all my files into one folder on my computer and I notice that the file numbering resets each time I clear the card. So new files were always trying to overwrite the old ones. Is there any way to change the file numbering so that it is continuous until reset? Or I guess I could not be lazy and just make folders on my computer. It just might come up as a minor nitpick since on the camera the folders are simply named "photo" and "video" and if people try to copy those folders onto the computer as-is they might overwrite older files on their PC. Is there a way to label files by date? :)

Reactions: Mtz
@DrekiTech Could you PM us download link for this raw video,so we can have a analysis with manufacturer?

Few more videos are different resolutions:
1080p 30fps:

1080p 60fps:

2.7k:

WiFi App:
EZ iCam app works great but it requires location access for Android 6 or higher.
Without location turned on, it doesn't even connect to the camera.

Screenshot_2017-09-20-15-57-23.png

I haven't had a chance to use it much, but have am dragging it around on Vacation in Thailand.

1080 60P

WiFi App:
EZ iCam app works great but it requires location access for Android 6 or higher.
Without location turned on, it doesn't even connect to the camera.
On iOS there's startup ads. Ew.

Which ads. involved in?

Back