Review: BULLETHD BIKER Riding Camcorder, 1080p, Wi-Fi, Water Resistant Motorcycle DashCam

DO NOT BUY TILL ISSUES ARE ADDRESSED!!

I purchsed the bikerpro twin-pack round September 2016 and so far it has been dissapointing with a few issues.

1. Sometimes (randomly) recording ill just stop & that file is corrupted & unreadable.

2. One camera stops recording alltogether (even though it's on & card is empty)

3. file names go from "FILE0006" to "EVE0007" then back to "FILE0008".
i'm not sure if 'eve' is meant to be 'event' and its after the g-sensor detects a bump - but i have it set at 'low' and i have not had an incident. only pot holes and speed bumps.

4. The app has issues too.

5. the time changes on its own. connecting to the app seems to re-synch the time...till it changes on its own again!
and the time cant be set in the app or settings file.

6. USB power cable in the power converter comes loose. however i have used strong sticky tape to ensure they dont move & above issues still happen.

the above issues have been experienced on the latest firmware:BP2016071501 and with the "new" factory HDMI cables
they also happend with muliple cards, and with various settings.

Here is a troubleshooting guide.
(These numbers don't match up with your points)

1) Firmware settings are in an unstable condition.

In the settings.txt file change
DEFAULT_SETTING = 0
to
DEFAULT_SETTING = 1

Re-insert card, power on, and it will flush out the system. Try running it in the default state without changing anything but wifi name for several days

2) You could have a intermittent HDMI video cable. Ask your seller for anther if needed. (this usually fixes the stuck solid red eyes)

3) Your power supply could be intermittently under powered. I've seen replaced power supplies fix similar behaviors. if you have an external USB power bank you can bypass your power supply and test with that to rule out your power supply.

Also you should only have 1 camera per power supply. It was found that when customers use one power supply to power two units you get unstable results. (Don't charge a phone on the second USB port for example)

4) running any of the wires too close to spark plug wires can cause instability. Customers rerouted wires to the other side of the bike with success.

5) using red/grey SanDisk cards are not supported. Transcend is best. 32GB is the most stable.

6) if you still have issues you can download the Biker Mate firmware, rename the bin file to be the same as the Biker Pro firmware and flash that. You'll lose wifi but recording will be stable. The manufacturer and developers are working on a new bug fix firmware update in the near future. Get it from: Http://BulletHD.com
(Click on support)

thanks for the response. i bought it from www.MotoPlus.com.au in australia.

i will try with default setting & let you know how i go.
i have already been issued with "new design" HDMI cables from the factory & the issues have re-occured.
the website claims the one power converter will power 2 cameras which is why i bought the twin pack. both cameras turn on/off with ignition correctly, however only camera is now recording. the 2nd camera has just stopped recording yesterday.
im currently using a red/grey 16GB Sandisk Ultra card. has been working fine till now. One camera is working fine - the other is not working

thanks for the response. i bought it from www.MotoPlus.com.au in australia.

i will try with default setting & let you know how i go.
i have already been issued with "new design" HDMI cables from the factory & the issues have re-occured.
the website claims the one power converter will power 2 cameras which is why i bought the twin pack. both cameras turn on/off with ignition correctly, however only camera is now recording. the 2nd camera has just stopped recording yesterday.
im currently using a red/grey 16GB Sandisk Ultra card. has been working fine till now. One camera is working fine - the other is not working

Don't Power two units off 1 power supply. I know for certain this will cause instability.

You might need a new power supply if it's been stressed already.

Red grey SanDisk are not good in these or other dashcam Products.

ive now got both cameras running off 1 power supply each. now having issues with both cameras :(
only recorded 1 file in the middle of my ride.
will try non-sandisk cards next & hope tht helps

You could have two bad power supplies. Rule that out by testing with a portable USB battery bank if you have one.

TWO bad power supplies? i just hooked up a brand new one - never used - and it still didnt record

There was a high failure rate with the power supplies. Many customers bought a new 3rd party one. CPUSB01 for example.

so if i bought the CPUSB01 - i would wire it up the same & if it worked buy a 2nd one?

Yes and don't use San disk. Use a 32GB transcend if possible (not 64gb) Do the factory reset again 0 / 1 in settings.txt after the changes

hi guys, so i've had time to re-test this.

i purchased a CPUSB01 & a 32GB Transcend card for the front camera. it seemed to working fine MOST of the time. some of the time, the unit would keep running fter i switch the engine off.

Considering it worked most of the time, i decided to buy a second CPUSB01 & transcend card for the rear camera.

however, now the results are even worse. again, sometimes the units stay on after the power is turned off - and when i turn it off manually - it seems that file is corrupted & i cant view it.

bigger problem - riding to work today - front camera - did not record at all. rear camera - recorded 1 file...then stopped - about 10 minutes later - started recording again (in other words - the middle part of my ride is missing)

this has really become a big disappointment & a waste of my time, money & effort.

Back