Review: Firefly 6S 4K Wi-Fi Sports Action Camera with Gyro, NT96660 & Sony IMX078 (Gearbest.com)

Can you upload original video samples in different resolution ?

4K RAW files ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tapenvo7z3sx6ry/01.rar?dl=1 86 mb
https://www.dropbox.com/s/24m1je7m5b944m7/02.rar?dl=1 224 mb

rRbl2N.jpg

PBbLrN.jpg

4K RAW files ;)
It would be nice to stop calling this 4K.
Actual resolution is 2880 x 2160 where as 4K is 4096 x 2160.
So for anyone asking now, or in future, stop hoping a 100$ camera can record in bloody 4K.
4K is overrated anyway. In few months there will be 8K. In few more perhaps 16k.

Also when putting screen shoots, how about putting actual frames exported from video editing software. How can people compare footage from the screen shoot of video player?

How about something like this.
Image crop test. Etc, etc
Firefly-6S-image-crop-test.jpg

Lets all try to make useful comparisons instead of just posting things all over again, as people are ****ing confused.

Do not get me wrong, its great people share info, but sharing vs sharing useful info is big difference.

No idea what you guys are fuming about.
All the screenshots i posted in this thread are full size or noted if they are not and some large sized ones are even hosted outside the forum and linked here.

Nobody was referring to your posts Sunny. As the matter a fact you did a great job and posted lots of useful info.

No idea what you guys are fuming about.
All the screenshots i posted in this thread are full size or noted if they are not and some large sized ones are even hosted outside the forum and linked here.
I was talking about olgu's pictures above - note how you can see the windows desktop and QuickTime player. Your shots don't have that sunny, you only add your name and relevant info like resolution or camera, which is fine. But I do like pavle's zoomed does to highlight small details that the camera is capable of.

he has included the links to download the original files though
yes, sorry, i meant to thank him for doing so. however, pavle's original point about those pics not being actual 4K resolution cannot be argued. 2880 pixels wide video should be called 2.8k or MAYBE 3k. not 4. that's marketing hard at work, sadly.

yes, sorry, i meant to thank him for doing so. however, pavle's original point about those pics not being actual 4K resolution cannot be argued. 2880 pixels wide video should be called 2.8k or MAYBE 3k. not 4. that's marketing hard at work, sadly.

the properties there show 3840 x 2160 which is still classified as 4k UHD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution

Its some sort of interpolated thingy that works only on some players which are "blind" enough to read it as 4K. Dont you guys find it strange all these "4K" cameras recommend certain players "in order to see 4K".
I had a confirmation from manufacturer :
"FIREFLY 6S is RGBW . It's 2160P.
But the horizontal line is 2880."
I am not interested in 4K at all, but people buy these cameras hoping they will get "cinematic videos". In my opinion 4K is bull****. But, some people need it, and it is really misleading to call these 4K.
Manufacturers should be sued.. Oh wait... They are made in China..

Reactions: Mtz
I think 4k is useful for use with drones where you're taking long distance shots and want more detail, for closer stuff it's overkill, limited playback and editing options

One more strange thing. I used video Olgu posted.
Here is a screen shoot on how my windows 10 player "reads" those "4K".
10.jpg
Conclusion is that QuickTime player is the most "naive" of all.
All other players recognize these videos as 2880x2160.
The worst thing is that these fake 4K cameras are coming in incredible amounts now. Gitup2, Elite, Eken, and many other.
2880.jpg

The worst thing is that these fake 4K cameras are coming in incredible amounts now. Gitup2, Elite, Eken, and many other.
We are not totally same as others.
We did not mention the 4K on the gift box and official site, only mentioned the 2880x2160 resolution.
We have to add this in the menu as so many others declared it support 4K now.
In Git2 menu, we call it 4K 24fps, and the icon show 2160p 24fps.
Many people come to ask us if Git2 support 4K, we tell them it is not true 4K, max resolution is 2880*2160.
As for us, the selling point is not 4K.

Hi, I signed up only to discuss this camera which I purchased and yet to receive, this is one of the only forums discussing the camera.
I looked at many of the "gopro clones" and decided on this one which I got really cheap in a black friday sale.
This is one of the only forums discussing the camera
Anyway I'm hoping to reverse engineer the firmware and see if I can get better image quality. I often wonder whether these manufacturers have much clue when it comes to how an image should look like processing wise. I find the colours a bit off in the footage I've seen.
Can anyone confirm if the lens can be removed? I read in another forum it cant but I'm not sure if that person just didnt know how. Too bad if it cant but if it can, that would be a great way to get rid of the chromatic abberations by replacing with a better quality lens!

don't like your chances of reverse engineering the firmware, you'd do better with something using an Ambarella chipset if you wanted to do that, swapping the lens for something better is possible though

don't like your chances of reverse engineering the firmware, you'd do better with something using an Ambarella chipset if you wanted to do that, swapping the lens for something better is possible though

I don't like my chances either, actually I don't even know what I'm doing but cant hurt to try (cept for hurting the camera)

I don't like my chances either, actually I don't even know what I'm doing but cant hurt to try (cept for hurting the camera)

it uses a separate bootloader so you're unlikely to get to the stage where you can damage the camera

Even though there probably is not much to add to this topic, because @Sunny did an excellent job providing great information, I would like to leave a link to my video review and article that contain few more details and more visual info.

Entire Firefly 6S review can be found here

http://pevly.com/firefly-6s-review/

And here is a video review

Hopefully Sunny does not mind me posting this here.

Back