Review:Gearbest G90-7S with battery & GPS

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
First and foremost I want to apologize to everyone. I have had a bit of a rough month between some hardware issues with my new PC and some other issues not to mention this freezing cold weather.

I have had a G90-7S on hand for a little while and have been meaning to post about it before so hopefully I can get back in the grove here. I really miss helping other users and testing out new devices for everyone and I am glad to be back.

Anyhow lets see what we have here.

Supplier Information
Supplier: Gearbest
Product Page: Forum Contact: GearBest
Email: sunny@gearbest.com

If you like what your read you can get the G90-7S for $86.99 with free shipping by using Coupon code: DG7SLG

Spec Shortlist
Ambarella A7LA70 chipset
1296P at 30FPS
5.0MP CMOS
Field of Vision:170 degrees
GPS:External
USB Connection:Mini
Screen:2.7 inch

Firmware version history
Shipped With: G90-ZX-A770-785-S-H

Memory Cards
Current 32GB Card: SanDisk Ultra Class 10 (SDSDQUAN-032G-G4A)

While this camera might look almost identical to the older G90 and BL950 this newer model carries the higher end A7LA70 and includes an external GPS.

This is not a bad camera it offers good video day and night my old main drawback in the mount which seems to be unchanged from the older model. I had some issues getting it to stay on my windscreen at first.

2qxbazr.jpg

1z3z2ue.jpg

2qb9an4.jpg

23r9060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some install shots.
nlrezc.jpg

ohv6s0.jpg

2jbwejb.jpg

So I could test in different cars I removed the sticky back. (Which did not just roll off like other sticky mounts I have dealt with) and installed some dual lock tape to the GPS.
66jm39.jpg

GPS for the unit next to my 0806.
Because the sticky back did not cleanly roll off I had to clean the mount well before adding dual lock tape.

your GPS is upside down, antenna is on the other side
I just had it tossed on the dash to let the dual lock form a bond.
6zo31f.jpg

I have it installed like this with the GPS wording facing inside and dual lock where the sticky back used to be.

I think that's what Rick means mate - it should be stuck to the dash I think?

I think that's what Rick means mate - it should be stuck to the dash I think?
If so I will try to dual lock it to the dash. The cord might be a little to short though. I have been having a few issues with it locking on now and again.

I just had it tossed on the dash to let the dual lock form a bond.
6zo31f.jpg

I have it installed like this with the GPS wording facing inside and dual lock where the sticky back used to be.

GPS wording needs to face up, that's the antenna side, will struggle to get a signal otherwise

GPS wording needs to face up, that's the antenna side, will struggle to get a signal otherwise
Thanks for letting me know. I was having a few GPS issues maybe that is why. I don't know if the cord is long enough to fit in a neat way and make it to the Dash, but i'll play around with it and see what I can come up with.

Thank you so much for your nice review.But as Alta is too busy to deal with all the work, I will take over her work on DTC forum from, It's sunny@gearbest.con now :p

Thanks for letting me know. I was having a few GPS issues maybe that is why. I don't know if the cord is long enough to fit in a neat way and make it to the Dash, but i'll play around with it and see what I can come up with.

If you don't mind a bit of DIY you should find its not too hard to flip the GPS inside the housing so you can mount it to the glass, just don't mount the GPS too close to the camera when you're done

@CheckYourLights is the plastic shiny or simply black ? I bought 3 of them; they are fine, no problems. Compared with another one which was completely black, the plastic case of these ones is shiny, as covered with a layer of varnish. Ideally is to have a discrete cam, that's why I don't understand why the manufacturers insist so much in bling-bling.

Mine seems to be a flat black with the chrome ring
j12fdl.jpg

On the other side.
FiGtnDYFWhHlkrka

Now that I look at it better I guess you are right
27xqxk2.jpg

If yours is also painted, it has less glare. The ones I have are quite shiny. The marks: GPS, USB symbol and HDMI are on the other side. There is also a warning symbol.
The second codes on the boxes are as yours: 109682901, but the first codes are different.
Two boxes are
lYvkrd1nl1EXoxa7

and the third one
4sQtoOqdeEw4j9Dy

Last edited:
Were they all from GearBest?

Now that I am at my PC I can really see how shiny yours are mine do not look like that I don't think. I also just noticed your GPS slot still says GPS. Mine says AV

Also wanted to mention today was a bit of a rough day. I grabbed this G90 and went for a ride with a family member. I thought I had left a mount in their car, but I had not so I had to hold the camera during the trip.

I had it in 1080P HDR mode and it got a bit warm to the touch with my find resting on the okay button and my other finger where the mount would go. I also made sure to have the GPS word side up like Rick suggested and it worked going to our detestation, but coming back it did not lock on for over 10-15 mins.

It was not even blinking red. It was solid grey. I had turned the camera off checked the connection and plugged it back in and it still would not blink. I left it on while in a store for about 20 mins and after I came back to the car the GPS had finally locked.

Last edited:
Were they all from GearBest?
yes, orders placed third part of December, beginning of January.

Also, why not placing the GPS on the passenger sun visor ? then when you leave the car, you remove the camera, its support and turn inside the sun visor.

Last edited:
yes, orders placed third part of December, beginning of January.

Also, why not placing the GPS on the passenger sun visor ? then when you leave the car, you remove the camera, its support and turn inside the sun visor.
I opened the casing and flipped the module as Rick suggested then stuck it on my windscreen as in the prior picture with dual lock and it seems to be working great.

Back