Review: Gitup Git1 PRO Wi-Fi Waterproof 1080p Action Camera

Oh, another mistake was the camera name. Is for sure is the Git1, not Git2. I edited my post.

enjoy,
Mtz

Oh, another mistake was the camera name. Is for sure the Git1, not Git2. I edited my post.

enjoy,
Mtz
I see. Then Git1 is better between those two.

The tree on the right, balcony rails are better.

Out of those two pics, Git2 is definitely much better but the question was for Git1, not Git2.
Git2 has much better specs.
Well he did say git2 on the screen grab is wrong,unless i misunderstood .

Well he did say git2 on the screen grab is wrong,unless i misunderstood .
He named the camera wrong so it stamps Git2 for Git1.
Unless it's not changeable in the camera and @Mtz is confused what model he has. ;)

GitUp camera can have any name up to 31 characters which are wrote in a txt file from the card. I was testing the Git2 then I used the same card for Git1 for these recordings. The recordings are OK but not uploaded to not confuse even more the people.

enjoy,
Mtz

In this post mini 0806 vs git1, the mini 0806 ignores the sky but exposes the road and surroundings better.Where as the Git1 is trying to expose the sky but road is underexposed.Either that or the IMX322 has lower dynamic range then OV4689 sensor in mini 0806.But the street guardian has a IMX322 and its considered the better.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...0-wifi-action-sport-camera.12425/#post-162269

GitUp camera can have any name up to 31 characters which are wrote in a txt file from the card. I was testing the Git2 then I used the same card for Git1 for these recordings. The recordings are OK but not uploaded to not confuse even more the people.

enjoy,
Mtz
Well how about git1 vs git2 vs streetguardian both in daytime and night.:)

In this post mini 0806 vs git1, the mini 0806 ignores the sky but exposes the road and surroundings better.Where as the Git1 is trying to expose the sky but road is underexposed.Either that or the IMX322 has lower dynamic range then OV4689 sensor in mini 0806.But the street guardian has a IMX322 and its considered the better.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...0-wifi-action-sport-camera.12425/#post-162269

keep in mind one is only a dashcam and the other is primarily a sports camera, the way you would adjust the firmware is relative to the intended usage

We need night video at medium speed to check plate recognition in these 3 cameras (GIT1, SG9665GC and Matego MG380G). All of them use Sony Exmor IMX322. GIT1 use a 160 ultrawide angle that is worst for plate recognition BUT you can set it at 120° (please use this setting for your night video review!) and that's better then 135° of SG9665GC. The other hardware parts is newer then SG9665GC, so it could perform better.

I have both cameras. Tomorrow I will post video comparisons day and night. After a quick look there is no difference between image quality, but people will judge the images. There is no competition between GitUp and Street Guardian because cameras are made for different purposes.
I was testing the Git1 as dashcam about 2 months in summer and was perfect. But on my windshield will be a dashcam not an action cam.

View attachment 18372 View attachment 18373

These screenshots were taken for you to look at letters and numbers from the screenshot. The camera positions, Git2 name and date on SG are not correct because I was wrong. I will record another videos just because of this.

enjoy,
Mtz

Both cameras seems using the same angle view. Git1 was set @160° or @120°? Because in this photo it looks the same angle of SG (135°)

We need night video at medium speed to check plate recognition in these 3 cameras (GIT1, SG9665GC and Matego MG380G). All of them use Sony Exmor IMX322. GIT1 use a 160 ultrawide angle that is worst for plate recognition BUT you can set it at 120° (please use this setting for your night video review!) and that's better then 135° of SG9665GC. The other hardware parts is newer then SG9665GC, so it could perform better.

they're not newer hardware parts, if the angle is adjustable it will just be a crop, it's not changing the physical characteristics of the lens, (our lens is 135° diagonal, it's 112° horizontal), MG380G is very wide angle and also f/2.8 so won't do as well as the others

regardless moving at night will limit what is possible from any of them

this is only on YouTube so even when you select 1080p playback in YouTube it's still heavily compressed but will give you some idea of how things change while moving

they're not newer hardware parts, if the angle is adjustable it will just be a crop, it's not changing the physical characteristics of the lens, (our lens is 135° diagonal, it's 112° horizontal), MG380G is very wide angle and also f/2.8 so won't do as well as the others

regardless moving at night will limit what is possible from any of them

this is only on YouTube so even when you select 1080p playback in YouTube it's still heavily compressed but will give you some idea of how things change while moving

We are looking at it from the wrong end.
What we need is BIGGER license plates like some of those in Europe or taxi service and most dashcams can read them easily. ;)

Yes, mainly related to the lens and firmware.

We are looking at it from the wrong end.
What we need is BIGGER license plates like some of those in Europe or taxi service and most dashcams can read them easily. ;)

we have smaller plates in Australia than you guys have in the USA, some are very hard to read also

Back