Review: Gitup Git1 PRO Wi-Fi Waterproof 1080p Action Camera

Gitup Photo Mode at 8M inside King Soopers:
Compared to great video quality, photo mode is not as impressive.

2015_1018_180931_002-q.jpg

2015_1018_180934_003-q.jpg

2015_1018_180947_004-q.jpg

Hi.

Can you explain how can i use CAR DVR MODE (plug&forget) with cigarette lighter. I tried 1 time. So it starts recording when the plug to lighter and stops unplug. But after that i try to watch it. It said: No File. Its damaging the video i think.

Thanks.

Hi.

Can you explain how can i use CAR DVR MODE (plug&forget) with cigarette lighter. I tried 1 time. So it starts recording when the plug to lighter and stops unplug. But after that i try to watch it. It said: No File. Its damaging the video i think.

Thanks.
You should set "Auto Power Off" to 10 seconds or more. If you have it set of "Off" then you may have problems when starting the engine.

Have you got a good memory card? Might be worth testing it with h2testw.exe: http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html

Hi.

Thanks.
When you have car mode on (auto on), it starts recording as soon as it gets power.
You should see blinking red when it's recording.

Shouldn't damage the file.
What do you have it set for auto power off?

You should set "Auto Power Off" to 10 seconds or more. If you have it set of "Off" then you may have problems when starting the engine.

Have you got a good memory card? Might be worth testing it with h2testw.exe: http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html

When you have car mode on (auto on), it starts recording as soon as it gets power.
You should see blinking red when it's recording.

Shouldn't damage the file.
What do you have it set for auto power off?
Thanks for your replies. [emoji4]

I have a class10 sandisk microSd card. Up to 40+MB. I think it is enough.

But i turned off "auto power off" feature. So, it can be the reason for damaging files. By the way i didnt upgrade firmware and dont know what version it has now. I will check and upgrade it tomorrow.

And one question more. For this CAR Mode. Battery? It needs to be off?

And one question more. For this CAR Mode. Battery? It needs to be off?
Do you mean remove the battery while using as dash camera?
Before I see @Mtz recording with Git1 in sunny day for long time, no problem, also according to the temperature testing, it can work below 65℃。
And I checked the XiaoYi video, the official suggest remove the battery if using XiaoYi as car camera, but XiaoYi definitely cause more heating while recording.

Regarding other action cams, I only heard 2 pcs SJ4000 battery explode.

Git1 have good heat radiating, I suggest you recording with the battery. If you found problems, please let me know.

Do you mean remove the battery while using as dash camera?
Git1 have good heat radiating, I suggest you recording with the battery. If you found problems, please let me know.

Yes. Need i remove the battery when using dash cam with CAR MODE ENABLED?
I dont have any problem about heating yet. I asked for using CAR MODE with or without battery .

I am so sorry for my bad english btw. :(

Yes. Need i remove the battery when using dash cam with CAR MODE ENABLED?
I dont have any problem about heating yet. I asked for using CAR MODE with or without battery .

I am so sorry for my bad english btw. :(
Use the camera with the battery installed.

You may have some problems if it looses power while recording if there is no battery, it will not be able to finish writing the video to the memory card.

In hot weather with a lot of sunshine, it will help the battery have a long life if you remove the camera from the car when parked so that it does not get very hot, or park away from the sunshine. The battery is cheap and easy to replace so if it only has a short life because of the heat then it is not a big problem.

I hope you can understand that, don't worry about your English, there are people from all around the world here.

Use the camera with the battery installed.

You may have some problems if it looses power while recording if there is no battery, it will not be able to finish writing the video to the memory card.

In hot weather with a lot of sunshine, it will help the battery have a long life if you remove the camera from the car when parked so that it does not get very hot, or park away from the sunshine. The battery is cheap and easy to replace so if it only has a short life because of the heat then it is not a big problem.

I hope you can understand that, don't worry about your English, there are people from all around the world here.
I got what u said. Thanks again.

But If battery installed, will camera stop the recording -when stop the car?

I want that:
start engine : Start record
Stop engine : Stop record

I got what u said. Thanks again.

But If battery installed, will camera stop the recording -when stop the car?

I want that:
start engine : Start record
Stop engine : Stop record
If you set the "Auto Power Off" setting to "10 seconds" then it will stop recording 10 seconds after you stop the engine. The default for Auto Power Off is "Off" which will stop recording immediately, but that can cause problems when you are starting your engine so "10 seconds" is a good setting. If you set Auto Power Off to 30 minutes then it will keep recording for 30 minuets after you stop the engine so might record an accident when parked at the supermarket but if you only make short journeys then the battery will empty after a few stops.

If you set the "Auto Power Off" setting to "10 seconds" then it will stop recording 10 seconds after you stop the engine. The default for Auto Power Off is "Off" which will stop recording immediately, but that can cause problems when you are starting your engine so "10 seconds" is a good setting. If you set Auto Power Off to 30 minutes then it will keep recording for 30 minuets after you stop the engine so might record an accident when parked at the supermarket but if you only make short journeys then the battery will empty after a few stops.

Ok thanks a lot. I got auto power off effect.

I though, installed battery can block stopping the record -So it will continue recording even i stop the engine.
I will test it again evening.

Happy ending :)

Thanks for all your help. I checked again now. Battery installed and "auto power off" is set to 10 seconds. When plug car charger, started recording. And after unplug the charger, recording stopped approx. 15 seconds later. Love it :)

Thanks again and again.
;):)

Low light and Night screenshots:
The Sony IMX322 sensor in Git1 is very good in low light/night.
Git1 probably has the best night video among all my dashcams.

In all the videos I can never read plates. In the raw video (not youtube ones), plates are readable?

In all the videos I can never read plates. In the raw video (not youtube ones), plates are readable?
You mean day or night?
License plates are readable in the day but at night, that dashcam doesn't exist as of yet.

Gitup Git1 video on board Syma X8C quadcopter:
Syma X8C is supposed to be camera carrying quad but it's really weak.
I would only fly it where I can find it when it drops as there is a good chance that it can't get back up after it starts to descend.

Git1: Strapped without waterproof housing.

Firefly 5S: Strapped without waterproof housing.

Last edited:
You mean day or night?
License plates are readable in the day but at night, that dashcam doesn't exist as of yet.

SG9665GC and Matego MG380G have a good quality in night video: GIT1 is better in your opinion?

The SG9665GC does have the same sensor as the Git1 (sony IMX322) but for dashcam use, the SG9665GC videos look better.

Not sure whether its due to lens or the firwmare.

@gitup
Any idea why .

SG9665GC and Matego MG380G have a good quality in night video: GIT1 is better in your opinion?
I don't have SG9665GC nor MG380G to compare so can't say.
You can watch videos but unless both videos are at the same time and same place, it is not a good comparison.

I have both cameras. Tomorrow I will post video comparisons day and night. After a quick look there is no difference between image quality, but people will judge the images. There is no competition between GitUp and Street Guardian because cameras are made for different purposes.
I was testing the Git1 as dashcam about 2 months in summer and was perfect. But on my windshield will be a dashcam not an action cam.

g1d.avi_snapshot_00.54_[2015.11.03_17.25.31].jpg sgd.avi_snapshot_00.54_[2015.11.03_17.25.43].jpg

These screenshots were taken for you to look at letters and numbers from the screenshot. The camera positions, Git2 name and date on SG are not correct because I was wrong. I will record another videos just because of this.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
I have both cameras. Tomorrow I will post video comparisons day and night. After a quick look there is no difference between image quality, but people will judge the images. There is no competition between GitUp and Street Guardian because cameras are made for different purposes.
I was testing the Git1 as dashcam about 2 months in summer and was perfect. But on my windshield will be a dashcam not an action cam.

View attachment 18372 View attachment 18373

The camera positions and date on SG are not correct because I was wrong. I will record another videos.

enjoy,
Mtz
Out of those two pics, Git2 is definitely much better but the question was for Git1, not Git2.
Git2 has much better specs.

Back