Review: Mini 0902 Wi-Fi Dashcam with GPS - A7LA55 & 0V4689 (Gearbest.com)

Was just to post in my thread. Glad you found this one.
I have had mine running on my desk since my initial post about an hour ago. It is a little warm, but nothing like before. I just checked again now and WiFi is still off.
Yes, it still gets a little warm but nothing like before. I checked the video on my PC. Video is 2x sharper than before after my 1:15 commute. Totally usable now.

PM me your email address an I will send you the factory firmware
If you upload to dropbox, it'll be available for all.

Thanks.
That's the same version as the one in my unit.
To upgrade to 18 mbps, all we need is the autoexec file since it's the same version or do we need to rename and update the 18mbps fw?
If you already have this same version in your unit, just save dps's autoexec.ash and wifi_timeout.sh to the root of the micro SD card.

If you already have this same version in your unit, just save dps's autoexec.ash and wifi_timeout.sh to the root of the micro SD card.
Yes but what I'm meant to ask was, if we update the firmware to @dps 's firmware, it should be already set to record at 18mbps without autoexec file on the card, right?
All we need after that would be the wifi script unless that can be integrated inside the FW somewhow except that it doesn't mention anything for 2560x1080p resolution.

I think Cardv-firmware-A755-1.2.2_18Mbit needs to be renamed to Cardv-firmware-A755-1.2.2 for upgrade and 18mbps is built in but not the wifi off script.

I have prepared modified firmware for video recording with high bit rate. (2304 x 1296 x 18Mbit, 1920 x 1080 x 15Mbit)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g5heymje9l5e0u/Cardv-firmware-A755-1.2.2_18Mbit.bin?dl=0

PS: I am not responsible for any bricked devices

Last edited:
Yes but what I'm meant to ask was, if we update the firmware to @dps 's firmware, it should be already set to record at 18mbps without autoexec file on the card, right?
I was curious too. I flashed the firmware provided by @dps and have both scrips on the root of my card.

I think Cardv-firmware-A755-1.2.2_18Mbit needs to be renamed to Cardv-firmware-A755-1.2.2 for upgrade and 18mbps is built in but not the wifi off script.
Yes, you are right.
I think that using original firmware and my scripts are more flexible solution. You can change bit rate as you want.

What brand cards are you guys using and capacity?. I can only get around 20 mins recording before camera crashes and goes into bootl loop with my Sandisk 64GB card (will be buying a different brand today, to see if I can get full journey recordings).

What brand cards are you guys using and capacity?. I can only get around 20 mins recording before camera crashes and goes into bootl loop with my Sandisk 64GB card (will be buying a different brand today, to see if I can get full journey recordings).
Samsung 32GB class 10
I also have a 32GB Sandisk class 10 that works well

Last edited:
I am using this card: Kingston MicroSDXC / SDXC C10 G2 - 64GB
Works OK.

I used the scripts and it's 19.6 mbps at 2560x1080.
The camera ran pretty hot after around 45 minutes indoors even with wifi off script.
I really doubt it'll survive in hot weather summer.

Complete name : E:\NORMAL\media001\20160427085423.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : JVT
Codec ID : avc1 (avc1/isom)
File size : 420 MiB
Duration : 3mn 0s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 19.6 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2016-04-27 08:54:23
Tagged date : UTC 2016-04-27 08:54:23
AMBA :

After few weeks, the housing has changed color.
Black color on the front is all faded where Sun hits and it's now golden brown.
It's quarter golden brown and 3 quarters black now. :D
Lets say it's not as discrete anymore? :)

20160427_093640-mini-0902-Sun-faded.jpg

View attachment 22755

I'd gladly take a mis-coloured camera than one that doesn't work. Can I ask whats the longest stretch you've used it for?. One of mine seems great from cold boot, but around 10-15 mins of use it goes into boot loop :(

Also the colour issue is easily solved with some black tape (dont cover vents)

My card that's maybe incompatible is this one

card.jpg

Records fine for 10 mins and then camera goes into boot loop. I have another camera (same model) that i'm testing with a different brand card (Transcend 64GB Premium Micro SDXC Class 10 UHS-1) to see if it can last 1 hr recording. If that works I'll try that known good card in this camera and then try this card in that other camera.

edit:

Camera 2 has recorded 1 hour on the new card. So now to test camera 2 with the sandisk to see if its the camera or the card.

Also camera 2 produced 2 files on the root of the SDCARD that camera 1 never did.

files are attached to this post

edit2:

Confirmed the card is not compatible, the transcend card is working fine in the "bad" camera.

Also card is fine as i tested with 55GB of data on PC (h2testw), hash is fine for files so card is perfect, just NOT compatible with this camera

Attachments

• drv.zip
    911 bytes · Views: 5
  • dsp.zip
    28 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I've driven over an hour and recorded fine.
Used Adata and Gskill cards.

View attachment 22755
Looks kind of cool in that color but I hope mine does not fade. By the way, have you noticed there seems to be a design mistake on the mount? When mounted in the car it keeps the camera back away from the windshield. If you flip the sliding mount around, the camera sits closer to the glass with a minor downside....the two mounting surfaces, camera and mounting bracket end up a little off center... no big deal to me. I rather have the camera closer to the windshield to avoid unwanted reflections.

Attachments

• Mini 0902.PNG
    Mini 0902.PNG
    223.8 KB · Views: 13
My card that's maybe incompatible is this one

card.jpg

Records fine for 10 mins and then camera goes into boot loop. I have another camera (same model) that i'm testing with a different brand card (Transcend 64GB Premium Micro SDXC Class 10 UHS-1) to see if it can last 1 hr recording. If that works I'll try that known good card in this camera and then try this card in that other camera.

edit:

Camera 2 has recorded 1 hour on the new card. So now to test camera 2 with the sandisk to see if its the camera or the card.

Also camera 2 produced 2 files on the root of the SDCARD that camera 1 never did.

files are attached to this post

edit2:

Confirmed the card is not compatible, the transcend card is working fine in the "bad" camera.

Also card is fine as i tested with 55GB of data on PC (h2testw), hash is fine for files so card is perfect, just NOT compatible with this camera

I know this 32gb Samsung class 10 SD card works well with MINI 0902.
1451463651409458308.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Mini 0902 1
S Mini 0902 3
CheckYourLights Mini 0902 14
Back