Review: Mini Q9 1296p Dashcam with GPS and separate lens housing.

According to your explanation, the GPS component reduces the input voltage from 12V to 5V (both from the lighter slot and the OBDII power plug).
I didn't have any idea about, so must be much more careful.
My previous dashcam was DOME GS98c, which used the regular Car-Charger with miniUSB cable.

Another question is regarding the OBDII power plug:
I've configured the camera only for the driving mode (the parking guard function is OFF).
Can the OBDII power plug be used in this configuration (to leave the lighter slot for other devices) ?

Thanks

Zeev

According to your explanation, the GPS component reduces the input voltage from 12V to 5V (both from the lighter slot and the OBDII power plug).
I didn't have any idea about, so must be much more careful.
My previous dashcam was DOME GS98c, which used the regular Car-Charger with miniUSB cable.
Yes, indeed, in the block in which the GPS module is located, the Power Adapter is also located. The manufacturer should have called it "Main cable with Power supply and GPS"

Another question is regarding the OBDII power plug:
I've configured the camera only for the driving mode (the parking guard function is OFF).
Can the OBDII power plug be used in this configuration (to leave the lighter slot for other devices) ?
Sorry, which slot do you mean? Cigarette lighter socket?
Yes, of course, any of the three wires with different lugs that can be connected to different places can be used. At the same time, the maximum functionality MiniQ9 provides connection through the OBDII connector.

Connected the camera to the OBDII via the GPS cable.
The camera functions, but seems to be in the parking mode.
The GPS icon on the screen is marked as non-functional.
Later, I will take some shuts and video.

Thanks

Zeev

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Recording should start after the engine starts.

Regards,

Hi,

Drove home from the work. Nothing was recorded, just a lot of empty MOV files.
Can't enter the menu, just the following blue screen is displayed with the statuses (during the drive, the GPS icon was displayed as well).
Something is really screwed there ...

Attachments

• 20181021_195101.jpg
    20181021_195101.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20181021_203207.jpg
    20181021_203207.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 15
Is there a way to hard-reset the camera ?

Thanks

Zeev

Hi,

The Car-Charger issue -
Because the led didn't turn red/green (don't know it didn't function), I've opened it and found that the internal fuze was burnt.
Today will buy a new fuze.

The OBDII issue -
I've connected the camera directly to the OBDII power plug, without the GPS extension. Does it matter ?

Thanks

Zeev

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thank you Zeev, yes maybe the fuse has some problem, change it and let me know, the arpenkin seller also asked us. Don't worry, we will solve your probelm.

Back