Review of the Thinkware F750-2CH?

Adam020

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi there, i like to hear if someone already have bought the Thinkware F750(-2CH) and the experience of this product.

I like to buy one.

I've got one coming in the mail. Hooking up to my 335xd for 24h recording with a Cellink-B UPS. May post back here if I remember :)

P.S, it's replacing a Blackvue DR650!

Hi drewzh, may i ask why you replaced the DR650? Because of the faults it have?

Mainly due to the DAB signal issue originally, but I've since just been drawn towards (what appears to be) the higher quality of the device. I also wasn't impressed by the quality of the blackvue video and believe the Thinkware to be better.

If you want an opinion on BlackVue products ask @wozzzzza ;)
I don't have hours to type a response, just believe us when we say don't get a blackspew, you would be throwing cash down the drain. buy once buy properly, get a street guardian cam, never look back, always works, always in focus, and you don't burn ya fingers when you touch it after its been running all day.

Ok thanks guys. I have 2 options...the Street Guardian or the Thinkware. But i didnt saw an dual cam with Street Guardian? Is this an option? I only saw the basic kit with one camera. Maybe Niko can show me?

Ok thanks guys. I have 2 options...the Street Guardian or the Thinkware. But i didnt saw an dual cam with Street Guardian? Is this an option? I only saw the basic kit with one camera. Maybe Niko can show me?

our dual cam model is still being worked on, will be a while yet

Nice! But, how long "a while" can be? End of this year or sooner? Thank you.

Thank you. Every-time I say to myself: That's it, I will buy "X" dashcam" some new info about something more exciting appears here. OK, I will wait .... a while ;)

Do you have more than 1 car in your family?
If yes, and you really need dual dashcam right now, then you may try Thinkware F750 on one car. After SG dual channel is out you can install it on other car. This way you can compare both and see which one is best for you. I am sure you will not be disappointed with either choice. The only difference might be in design and specs.

Ok so the Thinkware F750 is installed front and rear, still waiting on hard-wiring to a Cellink-B when that arrives from Korea.

Externally, the build quality is excellent, just as good if not better than the BlackVue. It's not *as* discrete as the BlackVue due to the contrasting colours of the camera case, but that doesn't concern me too much as it isn't "hey look, come and steal me" obvious. I personally doubt the desirability of dashcam's in thefts anyway, but maybe I'm being naive?

It actually works better with my BMW with ConnectedDrive + adaptive headlights as it has a smaller width than the DR650 and doesn't obstruct the light sensor nearly as much.

I've only had a short play with it today when I went out for breakfast but the video quality in my opinion was outstanding and far superior to the DR650. The image is just super sharp, no pixialtion at all and the motion is records is VERY smooth. It's easily noticeably better than the DR650 and even my girlfriend commented on how great the quality was.

The audio quality is also far superior to the DR650. The music playing in the car, which had a lot of bass, recorded without distortion and you could hear our voices loud and clear over the music.

I have the sensitity for event recording set to medium. The sensitivity of the event recording is much less of that of the BlackVue which when set on it's lowest setting would beep when manoeuvring, taking corners, going over small bumps etc. On my travels, purposefully taking corners fast and going over small bumps it didn't record a single 'event'.

The speed camera warning alerted me to a local camera when I was out this morning which was great, I'm yet to take it on my commute to work so I don't know how accurate the feature will be.

One annoying thing which I'm yet to fully investigate is there doesn't seem to be individual settings for each mode's voice settings. So currently I get a womens voice telling when the device is ON, when GPS in ON, when the device switches OFF etc. I'm not sure if setting the volume settings to 0 will mute the speed camera feature.

It has a dedicated button for manual record which the BlackVue lacks, a button for stopping sound recording, WiFi toggle, and even a dedicated sd card format button. It also has WiFi WPS which made connecting a doddle... I didn't even need to read the manual for the password.

The Android/iPhone app is of a superior design and is considerably better than the BlackVues lacklustre app. The only downside is on Android M Preview, the WiFi connection rapidly connects and disconnects. I had no problem using my girlfriends iPhone 6 and my Nexus 10 tablet on Android 5.1.

I'm yet to try out the parking mode stuff because I haven't hard-wired yet but I'll endeavour to update this post when I do.

Please let me know if there's anything you want to ask.

Thinkware have much better development resources and are a far bigger player than Blackvue so not surprising that the results are noticeably better

Thanks Drewzh, nice review. I will order mine asap also ;-) I think you could turn off the voice of the guidance. I thought I have read it in the manual (already).

No problem! You can definitely turn the volume down to 0 which mutes the voice, but I still want to get alerted for speed cameras etc. I haven't taken it out to test but I imagine the global volume settings will just mute everything and so far I haven't seen any individual settings.

@niko

No i have one car. Buy i want to use the parking mode and to film the front and back of my car. Thats why i want to have the dual cam. Its a pitty SG doesnt have a dual cam.

Back