Review : Toguard CE684 with day/night video clips and photos

marcusstafford

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Purchased from Amazon last week for £49.99 and is listed as "TOGUARD Full HD 1080P Dual Dash Dam 4.0 inch LCD Screen Car Dash Cam DVR, Front Camera and Rear View Cam, 170 Degree Wide Angle with Loop Recording, Parking Monitor, G-sensor, Night Vision" but seems to be Toguard CE684 / FBA ONE from the box label.

Amazon link here : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01N21P0FG
I'm not connected with a dashcam manufacturer or retailer in anyway.

This was to replace the wifes Nextbase front only cam, which I'm getting, and we thought for £50 it's worth a punt. Installed on a Peugeot 307 hatchback.

Videos:

Front - daytime
Rear - daytime

Front - night
Rear - night

Rear cam subsequently moved to the middle of the swept area so it's clearer now.

Album of photos : https://photos.app.goo.gl/cg4xe61yBQhXyDVBA

Pros:

Cheap
Lots of functionality
Professionally boxed and packed.
Easy to install
Lots of cable supplied. Enough for the rear cam tucked away to go another row of seats further back.
Reversing camera is good and easy-ish to install

Cons:

Camera is not easy to remove quickly or easily. Requires unscrewing from mount or unsticking from window.
Screen takes up a lot of windscreen real-estate
No GPS
Easy to knock the screen and mis-align the camera.
As the front cam needs to be parallel with the front of the car, using the reversing camera means either tilting your head to view it or moving the screen.

Notes:

Amazon reviewers have mentioned the voice but I simply turned it off from the menu and that's solved it.
The rear cam needs to be in the swept area. First installation placed it outside and wasn't noticed until the rear window became dirty.
Videos are stored on the (extra) SD card with either a suffix of A for the front cam or B for the rear. Hard braking videos or gravity sensed are marked with SOS.

Summary:

Great functionality for £50. Would purchase for another car if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any feedback from this 9 months after fitting it? Has it been reliable? Are you still happy with it? I'm thinking of buying one to combine front dashcam and reversing cam capabilities, but it's difficult to know which one to go for.

Any feedback from this 9 months after fitting it? Has it been reliable? Are you still happy with it? I'm thinking of buying one to combine front dashcam and reversing cam capabilities, but it's difficult to know which one to go for.

Sorry, didn't get a notification about this.

Thoughts after a year.

• It hangs down too much and blocks the view of the passenger. The suction cup is attached to a thin stem about 1.5" so it's overall about 4" from the glass. It feels flimsy and occasionally need tightening.
  • The front light sometimes comes on and stays on. It looks like a very bright torch from the front. It requires click to switch off.
  • Recording has been fine until recently when the battery seems to have run down. It stopped for a few months completely.
  • Quality from both cams is good and easy to view.

Would not buy another of this make though. The concept of front/rear is good though and will look at similar functionality.

Back