Review: Vantrue® X2 DashCam - Ambarella A12 (2.5k/1440p)

For those having skipping frames playing in the PC you have to remember the USB 2.0 interface can be the culprit. Copy the file to your HDD and try again. The cards can become unstable when you use the PC to delete files and/or folders. Always format through the device etc..

I just wish with these, and the Eyoyo B47 clone, there were a high bit rate FirmWare available.

On sale:

It might compete with A119 in video quality, not sure, need to do side by side test. However from design / form-factor POV I prefer discrete A119.
Randomly spotted on Ali this 68$ BUIEJDOG which looks "OEM Vantrue X2". Of course for USA customers buying locally from Amazon is more safe for warranty purpose and instant delivery,

even if the spec was identical I still wouldn't consider it a competitor, very different form factors that appeal to different types of customers

It might compete with A119 in video quality, not sure, need to do side by side test. However from design / form-factor POV I prefer discrete A119.
Randomly spotted on Ali this 68$ BUIEJDOG which looks "OEM Vantrue X2". Of course for USA customers buying locally from Amazon is more safe for warranty purpose and instant delivery,

I am pretty sure that's a fake/imitation:

[ BUIEJDOG B47S-Y Main feature ]
Chipset Sunplus 6330
Resolution 1920*1080p/30fps
GPS Tracker
CPL Filter
Feature 170 degree super wide angle lens
Black Color
Advanced H.264 video compression technology

I am pretty sure that's a fake/imitation:

[ BUIEJDOG B47S-Y Main feature ]
Chipset Sunplus 6330
Resolution 1920*1080p/30fps
GPS Tracker
CPL Filter
Feature 170 degree super wide angle lens
Black Color
Advanced H.264 video compression technology
Correct. It just looks like X2 but only uses same main body.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Correct. It just looks like X2 but only uses same main body.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

It's a private tooling model, they could have sold the housing to another solution company, it could be a typo due to lazy cut and paste specs from a different model, could just be a scam listing, anything is possible on Aliexpress

Since I had Vantrue R2 and like it, I went ahead and ordered the X2... It came today and I took it for a ride:
Blurry picture throughout: late after noon/early nighttime ( both day/dark) FW: VTX261.V2
SD card usage was almost 50 % more than the A119 for the same recording time... I had both of them recording.
Viofo Videos were unbeatable : the ones from the Vantrue X2 were similar to those $20/$30 fake ones.
I am pissed off at those schmucks who gave the X2 high marks... unless the one I got is defective.... Oh, and it froze when I hooked it up to a PC for the first time for download...
Hard to use in the rear (like the R2)... because it hits the glass...

Was the A119 on sale for BF here in the US?
Will it be on sale for the new year?... because I am thinking of getting a second one.

I think the X2 2560x1440P is all hype and not worth getting.

Attachments

• Viofo vs VantrueX2.JPG
    Viofo vs VantrueX2.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
As I know, this manufacture also make some cameras with sunplus solution.
Not sure they have a sunplus version for this, or this is produced by other factory.

The only "Reviewer" who dared denounce the poorer quality in the last Vantrue Releases in comparison to earlier ones: R2 and N1 Vs the N2..
Had I seen this beforehand, I wouldn't have ordered the X2.

to me the latest X2 is even worse... but I am going to give it another last try this weekend.

Too bad the quality went down from the R2... Night driving recording is horrendous: any light (stationary/moving) encountered becomes a fuzzy gigantic ball of fire... daylight is not as sharp as the R2 and grainy; and it freezes... I am returning it.

Back