Review: Vantrue C4 4 Ports 48W 9.6A USB Car Charger (with Two Ports to Backseat)

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Thank you @JIVAN for sending this Vantrue C4 4 Ports 48W 9.6A USB Car Charger (with Two Ports to Backseat) for review.
This is available here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B019VZO2YE
This is a must have car charger to power all your gadgets...works and looks great.
I always have to mess with cigarette lighter extensions and splitter when I'm testing more than few dashcams at once and this came in very handy. ;)

This charger is built very good and finally, I can connect all my accessories at once.
It is very uniquely designed.
Two ports are on the cigarette lighter adapter and two are at the other end that you can extend to back seat area. I didn't measure the length but it's long enough to reach back seat area and product page mentions it's 6 feet long.
It even has a small clip that you can hook on the back of front seat for clean installation.
Also has a small 3M tape included if you want to stick the extension somewhere on the center console.

20160224_122716-vantrue-c4-car-charger.jpg
20160224_122839-vantrue-c4-car-charger.jpg
20160224_122905-vantrue-c4-car-charger.jpg

I used it to power 4 dashcams (AutoBot Eye, Papago 388, Papago S30 and Xiaomi Yi) and it powered them all without any issue.
I've included a picture here.
20160212_175606-Dashcams-vantrue-car-charger.jpg
20160212_175546-Dashcams-vantrue-car-charger.jpg

I tested it with my phone and 3 dashcams and my Galaxy Note was getting over 1200 mAh power.

Each port on this car charger is rated at 2.4A for a total of 48W/9.6A.
However, THIS IS IMPORTANT --> To get that rated power, you have to use very good quality usb cables.
I tested one with a generic cable and my Galaxy Note was only getting 600 mAh.
I then used better cable and it went to 1200 mAh.
The cable was long so that also reduces the charge. I will test more with shorter cables to charge my phone and measure the charging ampere.

To take full power of this charger, use high quality short cable.

For dashcams, as long as they work, it's fine but for phone/tablet, I definitely have to use a short cable so it charges quicker.
If you get one, try different cables and check with a charging monitor app.
Screenshot_2016-02-24-15-48-22-vantrue-c4-car-charger.png

Very useful and has enough juice to power accessories like phone, tablet, dashcams etc...
This is a must have car charger, specially for those who have limited number of cigarette lighter outlet and too many gadgets like me or those that have kids playing games on tablet on the back seat. ;)
Highly recommended!
Few images from product page:
81fwvKqMRPL._SL1500_.jpg

61Rh7lcpZwL._SL1500_.jpg

61Xxb8SCJ1L._SL1500_.jpg

61-ohKRGsKL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I would prefer it had all 4 ports in one place, but it is pretty nice to have plenty of USB outlets, myself i have one with 5 ports ) 2 x 2.4 A and 3 X 1 A )

If you have somthing like a tablet going, you really want to give it a lot of juice, on 1 A my 7" asus tablet cant keep a charge when its used for navigation, with 2.4 A at hand its no problem.

Back