Review: Vantrue OnDash N2 Pro Taxi Cam

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Numerous and ever-changing
Read first!

The Dashcam Gods have been kind to me, and Wasea of Vantrue was kind enough to supply a new Vantrue OnDash N2 Pro cam for me to review at no charge.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0742J69SQ Vantrue offers a hardwire kit on this page and you get an 18 Month warranty. A GPS mount is available.

I have long lamented that with the rise of ride-sharing services like Uber, Lyft, Didi Chuxing, Sidecar, Yandex.Taxi, and others there are almost no cams ideal for these people who need both interior and exterior recording for safety purposes. The N2 Pro seems to be an ideal candidate for this job. It has a modern NT96660 chipset, the well-respected OV4689 sensor in front which works well in all conditions, and the Sony IMX 323 sensor for the cabin cam, which does very well in low-light conditions. Both cams record in 1080P@30FPS, and if only the front cam is used it can record in 1440P@30 FPS or in 1080P@60 FPS. It also supports up to a 256GB MicroSD card formatted in FAT32. Parking mode is a time-lapse function which reduces card wear and cam heat. It also had a Motion-Detect and G-sensor function. I will be testing all of these settings and functions over the next few weeks and reporting the results here.

In the interior view above, you can see the interior cam and 4 IR LED's which allow in-car recording even in total darkness. That section of the cam rotates up or down 45 degrees to allow aiming, but does not move laterally. That should not be an issue for most users who will mount this at the center of the windshield. I will be testing it there and at the side of my windshield to show you the coverage. You can also see here the proprietary mount that provides the connection to the optional GPS mount. The mottled black finish adds to the stealth and appearance of this cam. The white lettering in front is not as stealthy, but can be blacked out easily with a Sharpie marker if it bothers you. Kudos to Vantrue for not having any gaudy chrome on the front of this cam.

One feature I really like is that this cam has ventilation slots at the top and bottom, where convection should help keep it running cooler. Being that mine is a battery-powered model this is important, especially when parking.

The documentation which comes with this cam is extensive, and is in English, German, and Simplified Chinese. The user manual is clear and easy to understand, covering all the aspects of it's use well. The menu languages for the cam itself add Japanese, Spanish, French, and Italian to that list so that most people world-wide will find it easy to set up and use. I will suggest adding Russian to Vantrue as that is a large market segment which should not be overlooked. (Edit to add: Vantrue informs me that Russian is available on the cam menu already) There is also a good "Quick Start Guide" in the same languages as the User Manual. It is heavy on pics so even without language, almost anyone can get going with this cam easily.

One thing which might get overlooked is that the cam needs to be charged before it's first use. Vantrue recommends a two-hour charge, which seems rather long but is probably done to cover people using low-wattage chargers or a PC USB port to do this. I am not going to try it, but you can probably get by with a one hour initial charger if you have a 1A or larger power supply for the job. And of course this need be done only once- the cam will stay charged in regular use after this. Another thing I noticed was the lack of a sticky-mount. All that is supplied is a suction-cup mount which seems to be good quality, but many users will want something more permanent. Here is what comes with this cam:

Notice the power supply has a door which swings open revealing another USB socket, allowing you to power another cam or charge your phone with it. This can be important to those whose vehicles have only one cigarette lighter socket, and if running another cam, makes for an easy way to power and unpower all the cams with one motion. The downside of this PS is that the round white part seen in the pics is a very bright blue power indicator lamp, which is almost obnoxious in brightness at night. Once again, a black sharpie marker can be your friend here too.

Overall I am impressed with what I see with this cam. It seems to be built to a high standard, and though it is a bit chunky in size and shape, it should make for a discreet installation in most cars. I will be posting my installation next, then video clips under all lighting conditions so click on "watch this thread" and remain updated with my experiences using this cam.

Phil

(Update 9/10/18:
Vantrue informs me that they do not currently have a US distributor or distribution center but are working on doing that. No after-warranty repairs are being offered)

At this point I think I have formed my opinions of this cam, and here's what I think of it:
The Vantrue N2 Pro is not a bad cam, but it needs some improvement to become a really good cam. Some of that is in the firmware and some in the hardware. The firmware issues are almost all related to the video of the front cam, which exhibits oversharpening that needs to be reduced a bit, and in color rendition as the colors shown are too intense and do not coincide with their real hues. Overall the vids are good enough for the purpose of a dashcam in showing what is going on daytime, and it's very good at night. I love the night vids from this cam, and the interior cam too. It's IR fuction is excellent save for some artifacts coming from the IR LED's. I cannot get parking mode to work, but another tester has. Their experience is that it is not sensitive enough. Few "Motion Detect" parking modes work at all with only a handful working decently or better. I say this is tolerable in a cheap cam, for it's always been this way with those, but in a $200 cam it should be better than this. At least the way it is implemented here, you will still have regular recording. My 64GB card seems to go about 6 hours, which isn't bad considering a single cam goes only about 50% longer. This is pretty efficient for two 1080P30FPS cams recording to the card. The G-sensor works, but the limited range of the settings fails it, as it is not sensitive enough. Again, this is the usual for dashcams but a little tweaking of the firmware would improve this. The audio could be made slightly more sensitive but it's good and more importantly it is clear. I love the loud "chime" on start-up or when powering down. If the cam loses power when you're driving you will definitely know it, and that is very important in a dashcam.

On the hardware side, there is no excuse for the front lens to protrude and not have a 'ring' around it to protect it. Even the cheapest cams have this. One wrong accident with this cam and the lens is going to be ruined. There is also no excuse for being unable to see the "Recording" LED in daytime from any reasonable angle. You can hardly see it even at night. A redesign of the button in front of the LED or relocating it to a new hole in the case is definitely needed here. The proprietary mount does function well, and I like that it latches into place solidly so that the cam will never fall off the mount. The suction cup is most excellent in strength, but the locking lever extends to the rear and limits how high you can mount the cam. I do like that you can plug the USB power cable into the lever from the side as this makes it much easier to hide the cable. Vantrue does offer a GPS mount of the same size and shape as an accessory. Sadly, you're stuck with these mounts and the non-standard attachment point. A slimmer sticky-mount would go miles toward making for better discretion in mounting and for a more permanent installation, but they don't have one, and nothing else will work. Nor does it look like another mount could easily be converted to use here with DIY efforts. It is a fairly large chunk of hardware to have hanging in your windshield and it will be noticed from the inside. How visible it is from the outside will vary, but getting discretion there won't be easy because of the mount. Another hardware issue is the supplied cigarette-lighter adapter PS. It is of good quality and better than average, and the second USB port in it is handy, but the big huge blue light in it is so bright as to be obnoxious. They need a much dimmer light in it, but all the PS's I've seen of this design are the same way. You'll have to fix that yourself with a Sharpie marker or a piece of tape, and trust me- you will be doing that. I've seen no reliability issues (other than parking mode not working) and that has been with it recording constantly in a closed van parked in the sun all day long at temps of 90+F (32+C) outside. No focus shifting or apparent overheating. But it is a battery-type cam, so use in hotter climates will likely give problems eventually. This cam would benefit greatly from super-caps.

One final update: For whatever reason my cam will not go into parking mode. This seems to be an isolated fault. I feel I can now trust this cam for my primary front cam and unless something else happens I will use it like this through winter, but being a battery model in the heat we have here in summer means that something else will be done then as it cannot survive that. I'm going to have to craft a better mounting for it to get it positioned where I want it which will not be easy but I'm sure I will find a way somehow. I'll post pics when I get that done.

Last edited:
I fell ill today so couldn't get the install done, but here are some comparison pics. G1W-HC on mount,, JooVuu "X" bare, and the N2 Pro on Non-GPS mount:
This is not exactly a small cam by size, and with the proprietary mount there's not much you can do to reduce it's footprint.

UPDATE:
I wanted it mounted centrally where my Mobius lives. See how stealthy it is?
Now the N2 Pro

Ummm, no way that's going to work. Blatantly visible and right in the sunshine. Something's gotta give. So with the help of a piece of flat plastic I came up with this:
4168441685 Ain't pretty but should be good enough for testing. I'll tie it off to where Mobius was for extra support. Do understand that if this were a permanent mounting I would do somethging far better. The proprietary mount leaves you few mounting alternatives if you want to do a nice install. With modern cars and a frit th help hide it, the install would be much cleaner than this, and most people will be satisfied with it, but prospective buyers should know about this. Also note that the power goes through the mount's locking lever. That does help hide the cabling well, and the mount locks together with the cam solidly so power transfewr shouldn't be an issue.(Added:) The mount swivels horizontally about 45 degrees each way, and is limited there because of the wiring passing through it. Vertically it has a range of about 85 degrees, ranging from nearly horizontal(pointing upward maybe 5 degrees) to about 10 degrees from vertical (may be pointed downward too much to be perfect for a truly vertical window). This should allow usage in well over 99% of the vehicles on the road as only a few side and rear windows (mostly in large trucks) are truly vertical. The horizontal range allows for alternative not-on-the-glass mounting schemes, such as I am doing.

There will be more here later when I test it mounted to one side, but for now let's begin getting some footage!
Phil

Update 1- I did some "night vids" to see how well the IR cam and illumination works. In those pics below you can see curved artifacts both with IR and with daylight illumination, which leads me to believe this is an issue with the cam. Still, the pics and vids are good enough for their intended purpose and would easily allow identification of a persons face, even in the near-total darkness at the back of my van 4 1/2 m (~15') away from the cam. I am impressed with this performance though it could be better. The sharper minds out there might also notice that my the suction mount on my G1W/HC side cam fell off between the shots. Cheap mount that, but the Vantrue suction mount is still holding strong.

Update 2- Added a daytime vid and interior screenshot below. Some issues have come to my attention with this cam. The one that gripes me most is that it has turned the audio on by itself, when I had it turned off. This apparently happened when I shut the camera down to pull and review the card, then reinstalled and rebooted. There was nothing to indicate the unwanted setting change until I pulled the card tonight and discovered it. I'm going to try it again this weekend, and I hope it was just a fluke. The audio did seem to be good and I'll test that more later.

Something else I noted in another review is a lack of anything useful to let you know the cam is recording. There is a very dim blue LED inside the case but it's useless except in total darkness within a limited viewing angle. I'm not certain what to think of this; the dash-cammer in me hates this, but it could be a good thing in a taxi cam where you might not want your riders to notice the cam. A user-switchable option would be best, but alas you don't get that. All you get is a loud chime and screen on start-up (with screen-saver settings allowing you to leave it on, delay it, of have it off in seconds), then a chime and screen when the cam turns off. If you are out of the car when it shuts down you have no way of knowing it has stopped recording. This is a fatal flaw IMHO, and one which must be addressed before I can fully recommend this cam.

I was parked in full sun today and the interior temps may have hit 100F. I noticed no focus shifting or any other anomalies. Mine is a battery-powered version and only time can show if premature battery failure will occur because of the heat. With summer ending here I won't have enough time to evaluate that. Once again, remembering that this is primarily a "Taxi Cam" you could expect that the car will be air-conditioned on hot days so this may not be a large issue for those users, nor for those living in milder climates. I would like to see super-caps as an option anyway as they are better for dashcam purposes anywhere.

In the vid I posted, you'll notice what seems to be oversaturation of color and a bluish tint overall. The blue tinting strip at the top of my windshield is so light you hardly notice it, and I've never noticed it with any other cam, buit here it looks ten times move vivid than it is. I'll play with the settings more, but I don't seem to be the first one who has had this problem. There also seems to be some oversharpening going on too. It's not bad enough to kill the deal, but in a $200 cam this shouldn't be happening. My $36 G1W/HC does better than this. The interior cam does well with everything as long as you remember that it does not have an IR filter like most dashcams since it does record in IR.

Wrapping up this update, I have noticed and checked several "Event" files. These all seem to be "G-sensor" activated, and the default setting for that is probably OK for most cars, but needs tweaking for the stiff suspension in my van. Though I am recording constantly so I miss nothing, it seems to have about a four second delay involved when used like this. I will check it out in parking mode use later on hoping it activates more quickly then.

Update 3 - Today I decided to test the "Parking mode" at work. The situation was perfect, with small cars to large dump trucks passing across 2m in front of my van, and with people walking there and closer too all day long. I walked across the front slowly in both directions to see what time any actiivation delays might be. Almost no wind and a constant overcast would eliminate any false activation. I got home tonight excited to see what I got, only to find nothing other than the files with me working the buttons on the cam which wiggled it. I had carefully checked that I had initiated parking mode correctly, and it was operating in that mode when I switched it off for the drive home. I checked the "Normal" files and there was no recording during that time-frame. I had the "G-sensor" turned off which might have somehow affected this so I'm going to try again tomorrow with it turned on. There are few menu options with this cam so all that's left for me to test now are exposure settings and different G-sensor settings after tomorrow.

In taking down and remounting this cam, the locking mechanism on the mount worked strongly but not so stiff as to be a problem. But the lens projects past vthe body of the cam and it takes extreme care to keep fingerprints off the lens while doing this. And with the lens being exposed, it is vulnerable to physical damage too. Of the 6 kinds of dashcams I've owned and the dozens I've studied online, almost all have the outer lens ring far enough out to protect the lens- why that's not happening here is unfathomable.

When I wrap up this review I'm going to add a "Pros and Cons" list. At this point I'm not too thrilled with the N2 Pro, but it does OK with vid quality, audio quality, and reliability so far. It does very well with interior recording especially at night. Given it's intended purpose as a "Taxi Cam" I think it would do that job well, but as a personal car dashcam it falls short in many areas. If I drove a Taxi or rideshare car, I would feel safe with this cam and I think most of those folks would be happy with it. The very special point of interior recording which those folks need is where this cam excels, though the rest is unremarkable at best.

Update 4 - After several attempts it seems my cam will not enter parking mode, even when the"P" icon is displayed and there is absolutely no movement outside. I still got regular recording so I was covered, but things which are supposed to work should work. I've tried this several times with G-sensor on and off and it's the same. With this I'm nearing the end of my testing, with only exposure settings left to try out. I will post pics or vids of that later in the post below but on default exposure looks good so all I'm hoping for is perhaps some improved color rendition and a bit less electronic sharpening. Also on deeper reading of the manual, it notes that when there is less than 30% of the card space left free, "Event" files will be over-written.

Final Thoughts Link

Last edited:
Teaser- Here is a comparison shot from inside my van. IR first, then in early morning light. Comments in "Update 1" in the first post above.
vlcsnap-2018-09-20-02h12m01s941.png vlcsnap-2018-09-20-02h15m30s635.png Added this: vlcsnap-2018-09-21-21h25m09s275.png Full daylight now, and if you look closely, you'll see the shadow of a G1W/HC mounted in the upper corner of my windshield. When testing any cam, I always have one I can trust running back-up. Side cams clearly seen here too.

Here's a daytime driving vid of me leaving work today, comments in the post above:

Here's a couple night vids, one front and the same drive on the interior cam. Warning- lots of rattles in the van on the bumps, the windshield and rear windows were dirty, and because of the temporary mounting being too high, the upper third of the vid is past the wipers and awful. Also note that mine are just standard halogen sealed-beam headlights, but you can certainly see a whole lot with them because they are not so intense that it causes the camera to dim the video.

Last edited:
(Update 9/10/18:
Vantryue informs me that they do not currently have a US distributor or distribution center but are working on doing that. No after-warranty repairs are being offered)

Why are their representatives trying to appear to be from the States?

Untitled.png Untitled.png

Wasea contacted me too. After conversing over a couple of days they wanted to send me a N2 first and then the T2. Told them there are two reviews on DCT already but they were quite insistent. After sharing my address was told, "I am so sorry, I thought you were in USA, really sorry that we cannot ship it to India."

I really didn't care either way but this need to appear from and deal with just the US is weird.

Last edited:
Perhaps they are just focusing on the US market right now. Many US buyers prefer to buy from US sources, so their having an official distributor here will help with that. I know that the number of ride-share drives here has increased hugely in recent times so it's a good market for them here.

They still sell world-wide so nobody loses anything.

Phil

They had no requirements for a UK review.

I think there's more to it. Don't understand why but for some reason they don't want to project the fact that they're a Chinese company. There's no about us information on their website, no phone number or address either. Leave the customer guessing.

Sorry @SawMaster, didn't come here to crap on your review thread but from what I've been observing, some Chinese manufacturers and retailers have really flawed logic on how to market or promote their products or business.

What I don't understand is why people are reviewing this "NEW RELEASE! Vantrue N2 " (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...nside-and-outside-dash-camera-for-cars.36080/) when there is already a review from August 2017 (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/vantrue-n2-pro-vantrue.30288/) and posts from people who had already bought it in October 2016 ( https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/vantrue-n2-dual.22143/ ) !

Is it actually new?

I turned down an offer of one because I though it was old...

I got the new T2 instead, actually quite a nice camera with new technology like supercapacitors and radar motion detection instead of a battery etc!
( https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-dashcam-with-obd-and-wave-guard.35383/unread )

@jokin- It has happened here before with other sellers and other cams, maybe not this widespread and as quickly though. As always, DashCamMan takes care of us when things like this occur (y)
@Paul Iddon- I do not know to who else and where else they are seeking reviewers, but the UK market for dashcams is pretty hot so you might be next ;)
@Harsh- We already know that most dashcams come from China so I see no problem with that fact being known. And I have seen no indication that Vantrue is trying to hide that fact. They just want better market penetration here in thw US like almost every other cam manufacturer and I can see no wrong in that :)
@Nigel- Nowhere did I say this is a new cam, or even a new version, for indeed it is not and that fact is easily found. Look how long the Mobius1 and the SG9965GC and the G1W/C have gone with little in the way of changes, yet these are not bad cams at all even when are were far from new. So newness doesn't matter all that much does it? :rolleyes:

I don't know why everyone is blowing up over this- heck, I'm barely getting started on the review and I've done reviews before as have many other DCT members with nothing like this happening until now. So what's up people? What's different this time? Have I done something wrong? Folks, this deal was sealed and the cam was here at my house before the spam incident. Neither me or Wasea at Vantrue who I have been working with had any involvement with that, so please don't drag that crap here from someone or somewhere else.

TBH, I really can't find a niche for this cam in my stable, for it doesn't fit my unusual needs, and I was considering passing it on to someone else here on DCT after awhile, asking only postage and that they post something here if anything significant happened with it. I'm not so sure about that now. So much for my plans on having a pleasant evening here tonight :cry:

DashCamMan may have created this site, but it is we the members who make it what it is by how we act here. Let's all try to give DCT only our best, OK?

Phil

I don't see any issue with them sending you a cam to review, regardless of whether it's a new or old model is of little consequence, they do seem to be having a push recently though, perhaps your recent sample is a by product of that push, perhaps it is coincidence, doesn't matter either way really

I think @Harsh was pointing out was that they're from China but wanted to appear to be US based, I don't believe he had issue with them being Chinese, just the need to appear to be from somewhere else seemed to be the issue, I'm sure he can clarify if I've misunderstood

sending an item to anyone here I don't think matters, they engage in the fake reviews on Amazon by getting people to pay for and then refunding them once they review, this obviously taints the review process, the amount of people that leave real reviews is very small, the number of reviews on unheard of products is out of proportion to what happens in reality, there are sellers that play the system, they can get away with it so they do, fact of life unfortunately

I do not know that Vantrue 'buys' reviews or not- all I know is that I made it clear that I was not going to do that for them- all I will ever tell is what I honestly see and believe for myself whether that be good or bad. Vantrue had the chance to rescind their offer after learning this but they went forward anyway. I have seen nothing from Vantrue or Wasea to indicate anything less than scrupulous is going on here or I would not have gotten myaself involved. And I obvoiusly can't post an Amazon review fake or real since it wasn't sold there.

I asked them about whether they had or were going to have a US-based operation because that can matter. A current thread here tells of a poor soul who bought a "premium" camera that died out of warranty which cannot be economically repaired because it will need international shipping. I was only trying to make sure that nobody was caught unaware like that here with this cam, and I repsect Wasea's honest answer to my question. Maybe that has misled someone and if so I apologize as that was not my intention.

I promised Wasea and Vantrue an honest review of this cam and I am going to do just that, but instead of being a pleasant task which I hoped would be helpful to somebody, it's now had the fun taken out of the picture at least for tonight. Oh well, it's Monday and we know how those go.

Phil

I do not know that Vantrue 'buys' reviews or not- all I know is that I made it clear that I was not going to do that for them-

their rep that was PM'ing multiple users here with the Amazon review/refund offer gives away the fact that they're part of the problem there, that said though that's an Amazon eco system issue and I have no reason to doubt the integrity of your own review, quite often you're the voice of reason here that can see through the BS, this has been demonstrated many times in the past

trust is earned not bought, and I trust your opinion to not be tainted by the actions of others

their rep that was PM'ing multiple users here with the Amazon review/refund offer gives away the fact that they're part of the problem there, that said though that's an Amazon eco system issue and I have no reason to doubt the integrity of your own review, quite often you're the voice of reason here that can see through the BS, this has been demonstrated many times in the past

trust is earned not bought, and I trust your opinion to not be tainted by the actions of others

Hi Jokiin, thank you so much for your reply, and your concern about our product. We do respect any sellers or manufacturers here, hence we will not talking about others under all circumstances.

Vantrue always working on providing a better product for customers, just like you said, trust is earned not bought, under Amazon's strict controlling system, we do believe no one could get a bestseller reward through buying.

We will keep working on more social media to show our products to more people, and we are happy to invite more people to try them, we believe time will tell the quality of a product and the trustworthiness of a brand. Meanwhile, we wish your business thriving and prosperous. :)

I do not know that Vantrue 'buys' reviews or not- all I know is that I made it clear that I was not going to do that for them- all I will ever tell is what I honestly see and believe for myself whether that be good or bad. Vantrue had the chance to rescind their offer after learning this but they went forward anyway. I have seen nothing from Vantrue or Wasea to indicate anything less than scrupulous is going on here or I would not have gotten myaself involved. And I obvoiusly can't post an Amazon review fake or real since it wasn't sold there.

I asked them about whether they had or were going to have a US-based operation because that can matter. A current thread here tells of a poor soul who bought a "premium" camera that died out of warranty which cannot be economically repaired because it will need international shipping. I was only trying to make sure that nobody was caught unaware like that here with this cam, and I repsect Wasea's honest answer to my question. Maybe that has misled someone and if so I apologize as that was not my intention.

I promised Wasea and Vantrue an honest review of this cam and I am going to do just that, but instead of being a pleasant task which I hoped would be helpful to somebody, it's now had the fun taken out of the picture at least for tonight. Oh well, it's Monday and we know how those go.

Phil

Hi Saw, thank you so much for your words. :)

Amazon's strict controlling system
asking people to purchase through Amazon and refunding them for their review is against the rules on Amazon, if you contact people and make those kinds of offers it's going to end up being public knowledge

I don't know why everyone is blowing up over this- heck, I'm barely getting started on the review and I've done reviews before as have many other DCT members with nothing like this happening until now. So what's up people? What's different this time? Have I done something wrong? Folks, this deal was sealed and the cam was here at my house before the spam incident. Neither me or Wasea at Vantrue who I have been working with had any involvement with that, so please don't drag that crap here from someone or somewhere else.
My only issue was that the N2 was being promoted as a brand new product (not by you), when it appeared to be a couple of years old, I just wanted clarification that there is not a new improved version, or maybe that there is. You have now clarified the situation, thanks.

As far as I know, the spam thread was not caused by Vantrue, although Wendy did get involved in it due to trying to break the Amazon rules at the same time as the spam was sent. I have received PMs from both Wasea and Wendy, and neither asked me to post Amazon reviews, or contained anything else that I might consider wrong.

Even though the N2 might not be new, there are not many other taxi-cams about, so it is still an interesting product, likewise the T2 is interesting for it's radar movement sensor which is much better than what other dashcams provide.

...under Amazon's strict controlling system, we do believe no one could get a bestseller reward through buying.
Produce a really good dashcam and people will give it enthusiastic real reviews, much better than fake reviews, even if they do give less stars!

When I look at the Amazon reviews for the T2, all I see is lots of reviews written for the N2, X1 etc., most of which look fake. If there is a real review of the T2 in there somewhere then it is useless because I didn't find it, and I did use the search for ""T2"! If you did it properly so that there were just a few real reviews of the T2 in the T2 product listing then I could trust them and also see that it is a new product, not an old outdated one with 100s of reviews from 2 years ago. A new product with 0 reviews is better than one with fake reviews, every product should start off with 0 reviews!

Thought I was conversing with a retailer from the US until I saw the flag under the rep's avatar mid conversation, he/she had forgotten to turn their VPN on.

We will arrange the T2 and the mount for you as soon as possible~ Would you like to buy it on amazon first then we refund you after you test, or we send it to you directly which requires your address?
If you prefer we send it to you, please give us your shipping address, we will arrange it for you as soon as possible~ Thanks again~

Looking forward to your reply~

Have a good day,
Wasea

Inquired if he/she were a retailer from the US or a rep from Vantrue and made a passing remark about the change in location. Didn't get a reply about the masked location but the VPN was quickly turned back on.

Thought I was conversing with a retailer from the US until I saw the flag under the rep's avatar mid conversation, he/she had forgotten to turn their VPN on.

Inquired if he/she were a retailer from the US or a rep from Vantrue and made a passing remark about the change in location. Didn't get a reply about the masked location but the VPN was quickly turned back on.
No surprise that they are using VPNs to get passed the Great Firewall, we don't often see posts from China, except quite a few from Taiwan. However I also asked where they were and got no reply.

Where would we rather get our dashcams from, USA or China? Well all the best dashcams come from Shenzhen, as do some of the worst, so I would be suspicious of any that claimed to be USA products, I think they would do better to let everyone know that Vantrue is based in the dashcam capital of the world!

Back