Review: Vantrue T3 1520p Dashcam with parking monitor and OBD power

Well Phil, if you battery wear out, you have a good excuse to buy a new car :)
If I ever do something that crazy please shoot me ;)

Phil

My M8 put a new motor ( well refurbished one ) worth over 2 grand i think in his ram charger, then drove 1000 miles ( tops ) in it, and now it just sit there rotting even more.
My M8 should not buy used cars, he is very bad at it.

New cars are always a bad investment due to how fast they lose value. Before I spent that much I'd rebuild something older which is more mechanic-friendly to as-new condition and drive it forever :cool: But then again I enjoy doing such as that which is beyond what most people can do.

Getting back to the subject, it seems like Vantrue is becoming more active with updates which is good, but they would still do well to go over to supercaps. Those two things are the only issues I ever had any concerns over with them. They've got build quality right and they're innovative, but it's the total of everything which matters most.

Phil

True. New car loses value quite a bit.
As soon as you drive out from the dealership, it's a used car.
However, fixing used car is not cheap either.
My 2nd car is a 2000 Lexus RX300.
It has quite a few sensors to replace but they cost more than it's worth.
It has less than $2000 value now.
Replacing O2 and knock sensors will cost more.
It still drives and is my grocery car.
I'm just waiting for it to die so I can buy another.

Well Phil, if you battery wear out, you have a good excuse to buy a new car :)
Phil has a van older than almost anything in my state left on the road. Up here everything gets so badly rusted it is safer to drive it into the junkyard than to keep it running.

True. New car loses value quite a bit.
As soon as you drive out from the dealership, it's a used car.
However, fixing used car is not cheap either.
My 2nd car is a 2000 Lexus RX300.
It has quite a few sensors to replace but they cost more than it's worth.
It has less than $2000 value now.
Replacing O2 and knock sensors will cost more.
It still drives and is my grocery car.
I'm just waiting for it to die so I can buy another.
The problem is your used car is to new. Go back to 1980 and then you have no electronic sensors to fix. Go back before 1975 and GM had point ignition. Ford and chrysler put electronic ignition in their cars a little bit earlier.

When i win lottery i will buy and drive old cars, aside for one but that in spite of being new will also be very simple as it is diesel, and pretty much mil spec, and MIL can not be bothered with too many gizmos, at least not in anything as simple as a truck / people carrier.
On a fancy fighter jet or spy satellite sure, but a lot of other things are better left simple.

It is good if "VT" are expanding on support and firmwware, their cameras too can probably be tuned to perform a lot better, and it is close to free improvements if you have the right people on your side.

Back