Review: VIOFO A119 1440p GPS Dashcam - NT96660 + OV4689 (Gearbest)

But as you turned off the warning, could it not happen now that card formats without any warning.

Could this be a problem with the card?
No, it doesn't format automatically.
It's just a reminder.

Taking photo while video recording:
If you press Menu button while video is recording, it take a JPEG photo/snapshot and saves it under "Photo" folder.

Viofo-A119-photo.png

GPS on/off:
I had GPS Off but it still had that stamped in the video. Speed is in kmh not in mph.
Turning it On shows the speed on the LCD screen in green fonts for drivers aid.
Turning it Off should have disabled the GPS entirely.

LDWS, FCWS: I have these on but so far didn't hear any warning beeps and it's not possible to watch the LCD screen due to the way it's shaped and behind RV. Will test more on this.

Taking photo while video recording:
If you press Menu button while video is recording, it take a JPEG photo/snapshot and saves it under "Photo" folder.

View attachment 24908

GPS on/off:
I had GPS Off but it still had that stamped in the video. Speed is in kmh not in mph.
Turning it On shows the speed on the LCD screen in green fonts for drivers aid.
Turning it Off should have disabled the GPS entirely.

LDWS, FCWS: I have these on but so far didn't hear any warning beeps and it's not possible to watch the LCD screen due to the way it's shaped and behind RV. Will test more on this.
Viofo disabled LDWS and FCWS in 1440p mode due to hardware limitation. I think now only works in 1080p. Is that what resolution you were on?

Few more daytime videos: watch in highest available resolution.
Morning Sun on the foothills:

Low hanging clouds:

The format warning still came up even after turning it off in settings.
Annoying!

When does it come up, every time you start the car ?
Yes, it didn't come few times but other than that, every time and worst part is, it doesn't record when it's prompting unless canceled or okay'ed.

Yes, it didn't come few times but other than that, every time and worst part is, it doesn't record when it's prompting unless canceled or okay'ed.
Thanks for the clarification, would be nice if someone else with the cam could report if he has the same issue. I see there are 2 other recent reviews, so will look if anything is mentioned

Daytime video 1080p 30fps:

@Sunny I have yet to try night driving, how does that compare say to the SGZC12SG or the SG9665GC if you have had any experience with it?

From my experience during the day the details are better and sharper on the A119 vs SGZC12SG but I am sure that is due to the 1440P res of the A119 allowing it to capture more detail.

Did some one quote TR correctly ?

Sunny, thank you so much for taking your time and sharing the review and feedback with us!
I got a mini Nano Q just few days ago and the quality of the product is not good. I think A119 should be the one I need!

Sunny, thank you so much for taking your time and sharing the review and feedback with us!
I got a mini Nano Q just few days ago and the quality of the product is not good. I think A119 should be the one I need!
NanoQ I got doesn't have good video either.

If you want discrete and good quality, A119 is pretty good.
One problem with wedge shape dashcam is windshield refraction that makes corners not as good as center.

You can also use RV Mirror wrap around models like Hyundai H100 if it's okay to cover your factory mirror as those will be very discrete against black factory mirror housing.

The new 805 beta firmware is working great.
No card format warning. Nice!

Here's a video with new firmware: pickup truck tried to change lane on merge lane @ 1:05
Audio replaced:

Viofo AE... not a problem but just showing how it handles AE.
On the shadow of foothilll... notice the sky and clouds....
2016_0113_013100_374.MP4_20160827_072516.870.jpg

After 2 seconds, all back to normal once out of the shadow...

2016_0113_013100_374.MP4_20160827_072557.029.jpg

Pictures from inside and outside the vehicle:

img_20160829_085116875_hdr-chupad-viofo-vantrue-jpg.25686

img_20160829_085149322-vantrue-viofo-chupad-jpg.25687

Better picture on cloudy day:
img_20160830_084959310-vantrue-viofo-chupad-hyundai-jpg.25703

Last edited:
More Viofo A119 Videos:

Back