Review: Yi DashCam (GearBest)

Video looks very good. Now I'm just waiting for A119 to be released :)

Is anyone else having trouble with wifi video transfer on iOS since the app update on Feb 9?

Mine starts out painfully slow and ends up losing connection before 4%.

Is anyone else having trouble with wifi video transfer on iOS since the app update on Feb 9?

Mine starts out painfully slow and ends up losing connection before 4%.
I don't transfer over WiFi anymore, but I used to try with my Vico WF1 on an Android and it was painfully slow. I think I went into my mobile and turned off something like the WiFi auto switch and it worked better at least on the WF1 but this was quite a while ago

I don't transfer over WiFi anymore, but I used to try with my Vico WF1 on an Android and it was painfully slow. I think I went into my mobile and turned off something like the WiFi auto switch and it worked better at least on the WF1 but this was quite a while ago

personally I think WiFi is useful for adjusting settings, checking the view etc but not good for moving files about

I received mine today in the post :)

Camera looks good seems to work good too, but everything is in Chinese, hopefully they can English translate soon.

Finding the APP/APK was a bit of a mission to get the scan code to work
So here is the link to the app if anyone is struggling

http://www.xiaoyi/yi_driving_recorder/app.html

Also today the the Android app updated the camera to version V-0.07.018
Not sure what was in this firmware release as the notes were in Chinese.
Saidly no English still on the camera

Last edited:
I received mine today in the post :)

Camera looks good seems to work good too, but everything is in Chinese, hopefully they can English translate soon.

Finding the APP/APK was a bit of a mission to get the scan code to work
So here is the link to the app if anyone is struggling

http://www.xiaoyi/yi_driving_recorder/app.html

Also today the the Android app updated the camera to version V-0.07.018
Not sure what was in this firmware release as the notes were in Chinese.
Saidly no English still on the camera

Have you had a chance to try the wifi video transfer? Mine won't keep a connection, not sure if it's a software or hardware issue.

Back