Reviewing and watching videos

ivantwilliams

Reaction score
Country
United States
This question is more to help me learn more.
How are you, You or YOU obtaining and reviewing videos from your Garmin 55?

I did a 3 minute WIFI download today; purely testing it. It took around 8 minutes!
Hence my curiosity how others view and obtain videos on the Garmin 55.

If WiFi is something you would want to use often then using a 1 minute loop setting would be more practical

If WiFi is something you would want to use often then using a 1 minute loop setting would be more practical

Hmm, care to explain a little more?
I don’t recall seeing an option for WIFI or setting a time limit on it (Garmin 55).

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know what loop options you have in the menu, a shorter loop time will give smaller files which are easier to transfer over wifi

Garmin 55 only records 1 minute segments. There is no setting for that.

Yeah most wifi cameras are pretty slow, even seem to still be the same with cameras supporting 5 GHZ wifi.
I always use my USB 3.0 card reader and my PC, this way should i need bulk transfer i also get the MAX 80 MB/s the memory cards support, this is a lot of time saved if say you want to save that whole 4 hour trip you did.

I once tried to wifi a small recording, okay this was off a action camera, but after that i swore never again, which was easy to swear as i really do dislike wifi and other wireless stuff.

I bought a USB 3.0 adapter for the micro SD, and it works like a charm. While the card is in the garage, relaxing I can review the videos from the day.

Back