Votes: 1 50.0%
  • will see...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rPilgrim

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
What do you guys think about Revl? It's a 4k action camera with a motor which keeps the camera always aligned to the horizon. https://revl.com

kickstarter project that hasn't shipped yet, maybe better to wait and see what reviews are like before spending $500 on an unknown result

I have been following this for a while cuz due to its form factor its interesting to me.
But now it seem like it have been surpassed somewhat on the hardware front, and what it have on the software front i dont care about as i am not a right here right now on the go person with my videos.
So i dont see fancy features in the camera or its parent app as a plus, aside for capturing something truly spectacular and awesome i would not need to share right now, but i have been photographing and filming for decades now and i still have not felt the urge to share something right now.

However i fully acknowledge that it is the other way around for a large chunk of the population on earth today, so i also understand people would want to market such a camera and feature set, i am just sad as i would just like a simple good camera and then maybe have it cheaper and faster.

I am not too sure that build in gimbal can take some action many will throw at their action cameras, for instance put it on the handlebar of a dirtbike and drive on a MX track, and i am sure that gimbal system will be toast pretty quick.
And i am wondering if the claimed record time of 90 minutes are in a scenario where the build in gimbal do much work.

I assume its just a amputated gimbal it have, so only 1 motor to feed, but that's still a added drain compared to other cameras.

And i guess with this shape it are harder to figure what are up or down on the sucker, but other than that i all along felt like this feature was a result in some engineer thinking too much on what to put in it to make it different.

Hello everyone I make a review about the Revl Arc.

You can check here:

Welcome to our 2 new members :)

I do see some real usefulness in the auto-horizon (y) Video quality is rapidly advancing today and old technology will not sell except at budget prices. Kickstarter projects are almost always under-funded and so slow to develop that by the time they reach production everybody has moved on to newer better things so I don't see success happening here :( For something like this it takes commitment and development from an established manufacturer who has the resources to make it happen quickly before success will follow. It's a nice idea anyway :)

Phil

Kickstarter projects are almost always under-funded and so slow to develop that by the time they reach production everybody has moved on to newer better things

except the ones that are massively over funded that then take off with the money and deliver nothing, a few of those going on as well

Back