Rexing Sent Me A Return? (Not Happy)

quise2024

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC
First .. Im new here (obviously) but have been interested in getting a dash cam for a while now. Anyways I found this site a few days ago while reesearching cam brands.

So I decided on Rexing V1 after reading the in-depth review from @Sunny and ordered yesterday (Thursday evening around 4 mountain time). Just in time to receive free 1 day shipping. Arrived today (Friday around 530pm) NICE!!!

I open my box and its nicely packaged with bublle wrap, pull out the cam box and its rattling with loose contents. I open it up and there is what appears to be basically someones returned dash cam with a appearing used cable because flimsy, no mount, no cig lighter charger thing (12v or w/e), no 3M adhesive just the paper that you remove from the adhesive. Not to mention the box is not what has been pictured on many others reviews on youtube and reviews from amazon, looks like an old model box.

So many good reviews on this cam and being brand new to the dash cam game I was hyped about putting this in this weekend. Not now, I am returning this and just going to go with someone else.

193bae031cf9b3810907d36daf4fe63f.jpg

d0a6e05c900d7a319e5406db4828e67c.jpg

d21d34bc77a0952f4fd800866b955e01.jpg

fca79880abf1d03a440a2e177a4374bf.jpg

bc766ca61e130ebb0ef499bf63ff1b37.jpg

not a good start but quite possible it was an honest mistake, contact the seller and see what they say I guess

not a good start but quite possible it was an honest mistake, contact the seller and see what they say I guess
I do not see a contact seller area on Amazon. Thats looking at desktop site through my phone, Im not able to access a computer until Sunday night. Only options I see are set up the return, leave a review, and ask a question (for anyone to answer)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

actually notice the prime label, returns are no fuss for you anyway so I'd be inclined to send it back and just reorder, surely it was an error from whoever packed it

I finally bit the bullet and tried the free trial. Big mistake lol Ive had an amazon account for probably 7 or 8 years now and have ordered maybe 3 things. Since signing up Ive ordered 4 in the last month.

Are return processing times still normal or expedited for Prime?

Prime returns are very easy but if a customer contacts me directly outside of Amazon I make it even easier.

Prime returns are very easy but if a customer contacts me directly outside of Amazon I make it even easier.

yeah I know if bought from you it's no problem, he should be ok having bought through Amazon Prime though to just get it back and order another or something else without any hassle, I guess that's the whole point of Prime

I thought I saw a rep on this site but its hard to locate anything using tapatalk. I will search in the AM using chrome browser. Will post any updates I have.

I thought I saw a rep on this site but its hard to locate anything using tapatalk. I will search in the AM using chrome browser. Will post any updates I have.

I'm not sure they do, @Sunny probably has a contact and it might be good to let them know, it will likely still be quicker and easier for you to get it sorted through Amazon

I've returned via Amazon. I'd return that way, it's as easy as pressing the return button and getting a return label. Refund was given as soon as tracking showed it was on the way.

Amazon returns are easy, especially for items that are damaged or not as described.
Even for non prime members, it's usually free returns unless the item is as described and you just changed your mind.

I think it's a mistake that Rexing doesn't even know about.
Sellers don't open every package before shipping.
Just let them know and things will sort out.

I don't think Rexing has a DCT user id here.

Thanks for all replies. Will use the link above to get the return process started. Still searching for a "contact seller" link area but nothing yet.

Sent the cam back and received a refund. Looking in to just picking up street guardian now. I like the discreetness of these smaller cameras. And after seeing review videos and reading up seems like these have had majority of the owners very happy with them. I guess I need to remember to get the filter thing though?

Dont want to shell out almost another $200 for Blackvue either.

Getting the filter really depends on your dash design. I'd try it out without the filter first and then see if you really need it.

You won't regret getting the Street Guardian though, it's a great cam.

Yeah good idea, no need in buying extra if its not needed. It will be on a 2015 silverado

We apologize for this problem, this may amazon fulfillment mistake, please contact us at care@rexingusa.com if you still have any problem. thanks

You do realize this was 4 months ago right? And just now getting a response

I sent it back after that weekend and bought a Street Guardian .. never looked back

Back