Rexing V1 3rd Gen g sensor not working

JRamire90

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey I’m knew to owning a dash cam I recently had it hardwired to my vehicle. I’ve tried pushing the vehicle to test it and it doesn’t seem to work. Any suggestions?

I'm going to assume that you meant that you had the car running and power to the camera (so it was already recording), and you got out and pushed the car to simulate an impact?

What is your g-sensor level at? Low/Med/High.. Maybe you didn't push it hard enough ;)

If you mean that the car was turned off and the camera wasn't running and you tried to simulate an impact, you won't get a recording unless it was hardwired for parking mode, and since the V1 3rd Gen doesn't have a parking mode function that means the camera would be recording 24/7..

I'm going to assume that you meant that you had the car running and power to the camera (so it was already recording), and you got out and pushed the car to simulate an impact?

What is your g-sensor level at? Low/Med/High.. Maybe you didn't push it hard enough ;)

If you mean that the car was turned off and the camera wasn't running and you tried to simulate an impact, you won't get a recording unless it was hardwired for parking mode, and since the V1 3rd Gen doesn't have a parking mode function that means the camera would be recording 24/7..
Yes correct it was running. Sorry I forgot to mention that. I have it on high. And I mean I shook the vehicle pretty bad. And it didn’t turn on.

Was the camera turned on and recording already though? The camera does not turn on and record an impact when it's off. It only records impacts as a separate video file when it's already recording normally. To record an impact while it's off you'd need a camera with a parking mode feature.

The g-sensor function in most cams is rather cheezy, either being too sensitive or not sensitive enough :( If the above doesn't activate it when set on high and giving the car a shove or bump, try thumping the cam directly with a finger. I personally do not use such functions in all of my cams except one- my B1W has a g-sensor which works perfectly on medium setting :D It doesn't work worth a crap in any of the others so I leave it off in them.

Phil

Back