Rexing V1 not always powering up with ignition

Drake3287

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Rexing V1
Although I've only had my V1 for a couple of weeks now, I've noticed that a couple of times the camera didn't power up automatically when I started my vehicle. I currently have it hard wired to the fuse box for power. At this point it's not a big deal but I was wondering if others have had this same issue.

If it continues to be a problem I can certainly try that but you'd think if a fuse was powered to the ignition it would work every time. Are some fuse's more temperamental then others? My F150 also has few fuses that are powered by the ignition but I'm sure I can find another.

Lots of dashcams have a bug on power up so they usually have a power on delay setting in the menu to work around these.

Are you in a petrol or diesel? Only reason that I ask is that there is usually a slight delay starting a diesel while you wait for the glowplug light to go out on the dash and that used to cause problems for lots of dashcams. These days the power on setting usually works around it.

Maybe Rexing need to adjust their firmware

Petrol (gas) but I do understand how diesel can be different with ignition. As for firmware, I tried updating my firmware after I purchased the camera and the camera never worked again! Rexing ended up sending me a replacement unit.

Okay, I think I've figured out the bug in powering up my unit every time I start my vehicle. Like most people, when I start my vehicle I turn the key straight to the start position in one full movement. When doing it this way I found that the camera didn't always power up like it should, maybe 5% of the time.

After playing around with it I found that if I momentarily stop at the accessory position first, even for a split second it powers up every time. So far so good and it's not a big deal to get use too.

That's a bug, I've been around 5 replacements and the problem is still there. They ended up refunding me all money

It's been almost 2 months since my post about momentarily stopping at the accessory position while starting my vehicle and at least for me, it's works 99% of the time. I can live with the other 1%!

Mine used to work 90% of the time but tragic is that there was no incident happened during that 90% :( .

Anyways, glad that your dash cam is working well. Their customer service is the best I've known so far.

Back