Rexing V1LG heat problem and poor support

WH878

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I purchased the Rexing V1LG based on it has 170 view angle, high operating temperature range (-10c to 70C), good sample of video review on YouTube, GPS & dual camera. After installing it on my car, I found it has been working great and no issue as the weather has been on the cool side. Problem began last weekend when the sun came out on a beautiful weekend. I began to notice the dash am failed to function probably after parking the car under the sun for sometime. Inside car temp was around high 20C. It started with freezing display, then gave greeky sound followed by rebooting itself. This reboot continues. I even tried to remove the power cord from the dash cam, no difference. I turned on the AC to cold the car to 21C, made no difference.
Once I parked the car overnight, next day, i installed a thermometer next to the dash am to check temperature. It was around 12C and it seems to work fine until the car warmed up again under the sun. The temp next to the dash cam was at 29C, freezing screen an reboot started again. I was able to consistently reproduce the heating problem. I noticed this problem starts as soon as the temperatures near the dash cam reaches 27C. According to spec, it is supply to operate between-10C to 70c.

Called Rexing USA, I was told they don’t support customer outside USA as I am in Canada. They told me to email Care@Rexingtech.com but email bounced back twice. Call RexingUSA again, customer support said, this is the only info they have for international support and there is no phone # to call. Continued another call to RexingUSA again, customer support, they still refuse to support me.

I’m now very frustrated and ready to return it.

Does any one currently owing a V1LG experience this heating problem?

Regards

29° C shouldn't be a problem. If the measurement was taken correctly, could only be a faulty internal component.

RexingUSA is probably just a seller retailing from within the States. Contact the seller you bough it from and get it replaced.

Thx Harsh. In fact I had two temperature probe installed near the dash cam both registered temperature difference by 1C. I agree with you this might have been a defective device. I now simply want a replacement that works as per spec.

I purchased the unit from Amazon.ca indicating it was selling for RexingUSA when I purchased the unit. Somehow, they refused to even talk more about my problem just simply said they don’t support buyer outside USA. Contacted Amazon and I was told it is RexingUSA responsibility to support me as they are registered as seller of my unit.

Will try again on Monday by calling a RexingUSA, if fail to get their attention again, I will file a complaint & negative feed back to Amazon.

Does any one currently owing a V1LG experience this heating problem?

Regards

Yes. And it's driving me crazy.
I don't have any specific temp numbers to offer. But any direct sunshine to the cam will force a shutdown. Overcast days, it works great.
Even when driving, if in direct sunlight, it will shut down from time to time.

I was looking in to the Blackvue DR900s as a replacement, but just read about all the overheating issues it has too.

it is, the low light performance is better than the 900 also
Right. I read that too.

The 900S is currently not for sale on the Blackvue website either. Wondering if this has to do with a quality issue with that model.

Thanks.

Back