Rexing V1P Max - rear camera improvements for night recording?

mjonis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone have any suggestions (ha) for what can be done (if anything) for improving the night recording on the Rexing V1P Max REAR camera? I know it's only 1080p. I've got a 2017 Hyundai Sante Fe Sport, so the rear window has some tint to it. Daytime isn't bad, but night, you can definitely forget about license plates or anything like that.

I probably should've gotten a system with 4k front AND 4k back, but this was a birthday present, so I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth. Front camera records great, although the Hyundai rear view mirror placement is a big large, so I either have to drop the camera down a little bit more to avoid seeing the black plastic part, but not much I can do about that, LOL.

Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to the forum.

There are not many 2 X 4K systems out there, i only know if 1 and it is still in kickstarter, and even then 4K in the rear are a optional extra it is just 1080p otherwise. And then it is a system that will retail for 500 USD.
4K in the back wouldn't change much i recon, the problem is the tint stealing light, and low light is where 4K cameras struggle more as they with their higher pixel count have smaller individual pixels less good at catching light.
This is why on phones you will see the main 64 or 100+ megapixel camera bin pixels for low light operation, but then binning 4 or 9 pixels into one, your output resolution are lower for night footage, my 64 Mpix phone camera only do 12 Mpix at night.
Normally on dash cameras you can compensate for tint by changing the EV value for that camera

Thank you very much for that info. I'll contact Rexing, although I don't believe they have that adjustment on the V1P Max (I *think* I saw a review where the previous V1P v4 or something had extra settings). It's not a deal breaker, and it was a gift, so I'll survive. Thanks again!

Thank you very much for that info. I'll contact Rexing, although I don't believe they have that adjustment on the V1P Max (I *think* I saw a review where the previous V1P v4 or something had extra settings). It's not a deal breaker, and it was a gift, so I'll survive. Thanks again!
Yes, we are here to answer any and all questions. V1P Max comes with a 2K rear camera. This is the only rear camera compatible with this model (V1P MAX).

Yes, we are here to answer any and all questions. V1P Max comes with a 2K rear camera. This is the only rear camera compatible with this model (V1P MAX).
Welcome.
You may not have noticed but you bumped this thread that's 2+ years ago!

It sounds like you might represent Rexing?

If you do could you explain why the beta testing link on the Rexing web page doesn't seem to work?
I was on the web site yesterday having a look at the products. Tesla charging cable and other interesting stuff.

Welcome.
You may not have noticed but you bumped this thread that's 2+ years ago!

It sounds like you might represent Rexing?

If you do could you explain why the beta testing link on the Rexing web page doesn't seem to work?
I was on the web site yesterday having a look at the products. Tesla charging cable and other interesting stuff.
Hello! Yes, I represent Rexing. Thanks for the warm welcome. I am new here, and starting now, I will be around 24/7 to promptly answer any questions or concerns.

The beta testing link is temporarily unavailable, due to technical difficulties. We're beyond excited that you've begun exploring our new site! We've been hard at work perfecting the customer experience, and will be releasing the final version shortly.

Stay on the look out, for our formal invitation, to be the first ones to shop our brand new site!

I will be sure to post about any new site updates here!

Hello! Yes, I represent Rexing. Thanks for the warm welcome. I am new here, and starting now, I will be around 24/7 to promptly answer any questions or concerns.

The beta testing link is temporarily unavailable, due to technical difficulties. We're beyond excited that you've begun exploring our new site! We've been hard at work perfecting the customer experience, and will be releasing the final version shortly.

Stay on the look out, for our formal invitation, to be the first ones to shop our brand new site!

I will be sure to post about any new site updates here!
Great to hear.
Please message me as I'm interested and often miss follow up discussions.

As it is a new web site a very helpful feature is proving the products in other country currencies like AUD / GBP / EUR / USD / JPY / CAD / CHF / NZD / PLN / RUB / CNY and many others.

@DashCamMan can help you get the manufacturer/ retail title depending on which it is.

Cheers.

Back