REXING V1P Pro recording continuously - help!

sparky0138

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a V1P Pro and plugged it in using the cigarette lighter socket. When I went to check the files, I discovered it's recording continuously. It does record in 3 minute segments, as I set it to do, but the Auto Turn Off was set to Off. I thought maybe that was the problem so I set it to 1 minute but when I checked it again just now, it's been recording continuously again. Obviously this is not good for the car battery. Is there a setting I need to change please? I didn't even know it was possible to record 24/7 without it being hardwired. Thanks.

Thanks. I've looked into it and apparently it's quite rare for a car to have a cig socket that's live all the time? Anyway, it looks like I'll have to change the cable and plug it into the USB. Cheers.

If you use a car USB charge port, and the camera are flaky in its operation, then that USB socket do not give enough power.

It will record as long as it receives power. You will either need to plug/unplug at the ciggie lighter socket, turn on and off with the power button, or use a hardwire kit.

If your car has multiple ciggie sockets, one of them may power down after you turn the car off. Sometimes instant and sometimes on a delay. Either trial and error test for that, or inquire at the var dealership.

Phil

If you use a car USB charge port, and the camera are flaky in its operation, then that USB socket do not give enough power.
You were right. Swapped the cable and even though it ran my last dash cam okay, not enough power to run this one with it being front and back. Will just have to keep unplugging the cig socket.

Some times you can get the lighter socket mapped to not be on always, it is worth a ring to the dealer i think.
Otherwise you can tab into a ACC fuse and install a female lighter socket under the dashboard into which you can plug the stuff you have, this will not give parking guard options but will turn off with the key, and give you your dash socket free for other stuff.

images

Having spent a month plugging/unplugging, I decided to phone a couple of garages to see if they could make it live with the ignition only. Once they found out it was a newish car (2018) they said it wouldn't be all that straightforward so I've decided to buy this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B085RZ5GB2
Can anyone confirm please, will this prevent the battery from draining if it's left plugged in but is switched to the off position?

That should work too, as long as you remember to turn it off / on

Not needing any user interaction is one of the prime directives for dashcams, so you will still have that, but it is of course doable and the new kit even have a pilot light it seem.

Having spent a month plugging/unplugging, I decided to phone a couple of garages to see if they could make it live with the ignition only. Once they found out it was a newish car (2018) they said it wouldn't be all that straightforward so I've decided to buy this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B085RZ5GB2
Can anyone confirm please, will this prevent the battery from draining if it's left plugged in but is switched to the off position?
Hello! I'm from Rexing, and I'm pretty new to this forum. Sorry for the super late response and not sure if you're still using the V1P Pro, but we have came out with a new Rexing charger for V1 Pro, a Dual USB charger for dash cams and phone, as well as an extension cable for the V1P Pro. If you'd like to know more just message me! We released these chargers to address common issues with the V1 Pro.

Thanks. In my case it wasn't an issue with the V1P Pro, it was the cigarette socket being live all the time and luckily the device I posted about here solved the problem.

Back