Rideshare/vlogger *discrete* dashcam solution required!

idba

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, I'm a rideshare drvier who is looking to install a dashcam for vlogging purposes.

The vehicle is a 2007 mazda 3, my main concern is to have a *discrete* camera. I need it to be discrete so that the conversations can be as candid as possible, only revealing the fact that it is recording at the end of the ride, after which I will ask for consent, which is legal in my area

I wish to record the video and audio of the conversations that take place in the interior of the car. I would like to have a rear(interior) facing camera somewhere at the front of the car that captures a good angle of any and all passengers(and the driver) within the vehicle. I also need this camera to be good with low light/night vision recording as I often drive during the night. Being able to capture facial expressions, body language, etc in low light settings will be important. Budget is a concern and so i hope to not break the bank and only spend up to a couple hundred bucks to begin if possible.

I have done some initial research on my own for a dashcam that I believe meets these needs. So far I believe that the Blackvue DR650gw-2ch IR is a good choice, only downside is the heavy price tag on it. The Street Guardian SGZC12RC also seemed liked a possibly good option, it is less expensive but I'm not sure how it will perform under low light interior conditions.

I thought it best to post and ask for advice on an educated dashcam forum such as this before making a final choice. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and give some insight/advice, it is very much appreciated!

Back