Ring around lens F770

tabetha

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one painted the silver/chrome ring around the lens on the F770 to make it a less noticeable and did you notice any difference in the picture/video quality ?
I am wondering whether any light is being reflected/thrown onto the lens from the shiny silver ring, would like to hear thoughts of others esp any one who has painted/penned over this ring.
Thanks

I did that to my other dashcam Trancend 220 with no bad effects, all I done was use a black marker pen it hid the chrome ring perfectly, I will do the same to F770 when its been in the vehicle a bit longer, I dont no why manufacturers insist on putting fancy chrome bezels on dash cams, maybe they hope it gets stolen from your car and you have to buy a new one !

Ha ha you could be right about the getting stolen bit, did you find the ring when silver or blacked had any effect on the video on your transcend ?

Ha ha you could be right about the getting stolen bit, did you find the ring when silver or blacked had any effect on the video on your transcend ?

No difference whatsover as far as video quality, the only difference it does it makes the camera far less conspicous without that bright shiny bezel, and I will do the same to my F770 but as its a fairly new installation I will hold of for a bit, as the F770 is a expensive setup I dont want Thinkware to void the warranty if something goes wrong, just because I have black the chrome bezel with a felt tip pen.

On my Trancend 220 I also had to carefully black out all the chrome writing on the front of camera, Trancend obviously liked the glitzy image !

I'm going to use some 2mm wide trim tape I think in the unlikely event of an issue I can simply take it off.

Do you think the trim tape would likely come peel of with the heat we have been experiencing lately just a thought.

It might well do, will just try and see ?

yes keep us posted if its ok, in the meantime I might try a little bit of isopropyl alcohol on my trancend and see if it removes the felt tip marker ink I used on the bezel as this is now out of warranty.

Back