RING Automotive Dashcam

krivine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Search returned nothing about this brand, and there's no section under brands for this, which is relatively concerning, but here we are.

I previously had a Nextbase dashcam which had repeatedly fallen from the windshield and I believe was damaged, so I was given this Ring Automative RSDC3000 dashcam for my birthday this month. Specs seem good and what I can find online suggests it's a good camera, topping some "best dashcam of 2022" article lists (but anyone can write those, I know).
It has Wifi to connect to your phone. I thought it was to connect to house WiFi itself in order to back-up online or something, but it just uses wifi to connect to the phone. However, following the instructions the first thing to do is to turn on and press and hold the Up button for wifi to turn on and be searchable on your phone. It doesn't turn on.

I can take out the SD card, turn on and access the menu, and from there, wifi cannot be turned on either. Putting the SD card in then renders it blacked out and can't access the menu. It's all very strange. I was hoping someone here would have some advice, but what with there being nothing previously talked about from this brand I'm concerned I might have to return it for another.

Has anyone had something similar and has a workaround for getting the wifi on?

Thanks

Back