Ring on the screen and the video

Peace0825

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
How do I get rid of this ring? I've checked everything and I don't see anything that will get rid of it. Every video of mine has this ring now. I can see it on the camera screen while it is recording too. It wasn't there before.
1.jpg

I assume it is a reflection of a round part of the dash

I have also observed this issue recently when I played my video. This ring never appeared earlier and I thougt it could be something else like cleaning. But ring is persistent and also gets attached to video files as well as in camera mode. Does anyone else reported this issue?
Please see my dashcam picture with Ring.

@Cobra Dashcam, please look into it ASAP and help resolving thia issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1205.JPG
    IMG_1205.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 17
Was any solution ever provided for this? Mine just started the same thing the other day.

Yeah i would guess something in the lens dislodged too, thats almost too perfect round to be anything else.

Thanks for the replies. Yep--- Upon closer looking at the lens, it appears as though there is a film on the lens that is pulling/peeling/melting away. It has also started on one side as well as in the upper center of the viewing screen. I suppose it is probably due to the heat of the sun baring in thru the windshield on the hot summer days.

Personally I believe it is oil. Specifically an air bubble that got into some kind of lubricant in between the lens and the recording element. Mine moves all around from one side to the other frequently. I attribute it to the sun heating and expanding the dash cam. I emailed Cobra but they didn't have anything to say about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I've seen this on many dashcam compilation clips on youtube, I just thought it was something the driver had stuck to his windscreen

Back