Road Angel Halo

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
Well I just had this new one land in my inbox (they have my details from an old radar detector I had years ago).

0434018050-0212-roadangelhalo__V12wWMokG5K3eX6_jpg-320-2.jpg

It's only 720p at 20fps for the front and 480p at 10fps for the rear channel. Sounds like an expensive to buy, very profitable to them (i.e. cheap to manufacture) device they're aiming at fleets etc. Probably very fair to say you can spend your money more wisely.

Details are here:
https://www.roadangelgroup.com/ProductDetails.aspx

Description:
A brand new, discreet (apart from the shiny bits) accident camera device for your vehicle has been launched by Road Angel.

Available with both front and rear camera units, high resolution (if we were in 2010) and real-time recordings, Halo is ready to catch any accidents that may happen on the way.

Halo has several recording modes; real-time, event, manual and parking. Real-time mode records any journey you make and simply saves the footage as you go. Event mode activates when an incident occurs during real-time recording and saves the footage separately. Manual mode allows you to create an event file by double clicking the end button during real time. Finally, Halo parking mode activates when the vehicle ignition is switched off and any movement is detected, meaning if your vehicle is involved in an accident whilst unattended the footage can still be captured.

Optional sound recording and the ability to download your footage onto the computer means you can back-up your footage and return to it whenever you may need to.

Why choose Road Angel Halo?

• Provides both forward and rear facing cameras to catch an accident at either angle
• Downloadable footage to be viewed on the computer
• HD camera resolution (see later - 720p for the front and 480p for the rear)
• Provides real time, event, manual and parking modes to cover an accident in almost any scenario
• Mounts easily to your windscreen
• Built in GPS with Google maps
• Optional sound recording with privacy button
• Sound recording allows for more reliable evidence in a claim

Features:
• Forward and rear facing cameras
• Real time, event, manual and parking modes
• Built in GPS with Google maps
• Built in G-force sensor
• Voice and sound alerts
• Optional sound recording with privacy button
• 16GB Micro SD card & USB adaptor
• Windscreen mount
• Hardwire kit available separately
• In-built power management system
• Unit reset function (Hopefully you won't need to press this too often)
• 12 month warranty (We don't care what the EU say about 2 years)

Technology:
• 1280p x 720p front facing camera
• 640p x 480p rear facing camera
• 150° viewing angles
• 20 fps front facing camera
• 10 fps rear facing camera
• 8 Mbps front racing camera
• 2 Mbps rear facing camera
• AVI file formats
• Software for unit configuration and video playback
• Compatible with up to 32GB Micro SD card

Back